By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Paramount and Dreamworks backs HD-DVD exclusively!

It ain't so bad naz. This format war stuff used to be all over the place. One night's a breeze!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
endimion said:
we also have on one side blockbuster which said they are going for BR
and wallmarter which order milions of low price HD dvd players for christmas (can't find the news, well I didn't look for it again lol)

that's 2 big deal in both direction... one offering BR to rent only for HD format and the other selling low price HD dvd players

and in the middle netflix offering DL on demand

Blockbuster might have a change of heart if enough people start asking why they can't get Transformers and Shrek on HD-DVD.

I find it hilarious just how a movie like "Transformers" is as big a player in the debate at Target promoting Blue Ray. Lol

/sad but true

All this does is reinforce my belief that when I get an HD tv I will buy the player that plays both formats, even if it costs more.

I think we will end up with dual format similar to dvd+/-

Around the Network

@libellule and eab
you have to understand that transformers and spider man and for that matter all the DC and marvel characters, are like Asterix and Obelix in France or Tintin (sorry I don't have example for the UK people).... that you don't like it is one thing, that you criticize the depth of a culture is something else....
when an asterix and obleix comes out with alain chabat in france.... everybody is going to see it and honestly I prefer transformers than those... I grew up with comic books from japan US and france and I live in USA... so I totally understand the feeling towards transformers....
so before you jump on subject guys, try to understand where it's coming from... if tomorrow they do a G.I. Joe movie it probably gonna have the same effect here in USA and won't in europe....

Wow ,look at this ....

http://movies.ign.com/articles/814/814159p1.html

It seems the stupid move of Paramount has already cost them Transformers directos Michael Bay who doesnt want to know a thing about HD-DVD exclusivity and says he wont direct Transformers 2 due to this decision ....

sorry i'm late...
well anyway that really sucks.
but they'll learn their lesson, with WB 300 sales 2:1 in favor of BR, and with player and disc sales in BR favor for the 2007 year as a whole...they made a big mistake.
and remeber this is only an 18 month trail period if it doesn't work out they go back to supporting both or even just BR.
for all those who think they got bought...they did $150million for an 18 month exclusitivity. steven spielberg has pulled his directed films from that contract and is moving to pull his extensive film credits as producer as well. not to meantion he's one of the co-founders of dreamworks and is very angry at this descision.
micheal bay has also been stated(from his personal blogs) that he has turned down paramount on the idea of transformers 2, "no blu, no two".

i feel cheated in way seeing as i have spent alot of money supporting paramount on BR but they'll be back when they realize that their HD format sales have gone to shit. i know this war is far from over, but why side this years HD format loser. hell even toshiba knows their the loser with their horrible discision to lower the HD-DVD projected sales for the year of 2007.

dont side with the company that has already indicated a lack of faith in their own format.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

Diomedes1976 said:
Wow ,look at this ....

http://movies.ign.com/articles/814/814159p1.html

It seems the stupid move of Paramount has already cost them Transformers directos Michael Bay who doesnt want to know a thing about HD-DVD exclusivity and says he wont direct Transformers 2 due to this decision ....

lol don't worry they'll find someone else lol.... peter jackson and wetta lol ;)

I just don't understand the motives behind Paramount decision. They should have stayed multiplatform. There's already two directors (Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay) who clearly disapprove of the decision, the later choosing not to do a sequel for transformers based on hd-dvd exclusivity while Mr. Spielberg's movies will continue multiplatform (which shows that nobody messes with him...)