By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official RE5 Demo impressions thread

NJ5 said:

@FKNetwork: I have to say, that is really weird. The upscaling to 1080p is supposed to be done in hardware (so no slowdown) and I never heard of it causing tearing problems!

Well at least you solved your problem! I suppose the picture doesn't get much worse in 720p compared to 1080p, as 1080p is very likely upscaled anyway.

Exactly! that's why I think it's a weird issue as it's not what normally happens lol, t does look and feel like v-syncing is off when having it on 1080P, weather this is the case I don't know but it certainly seems like it,

I don't normally complain about things like screen tear in games as I don't normally notice it, the last game I noticed badly was DIRT and look how long ago that was released!

Or code it be that this is still a preview/demo code? it does say at the beginning of the demo it may contain miinor bugs lol.

And yeah, I'm quite happy leaving the 360 on 720P as I don't really see a major difference, only one game I notice having it on 720P instead of 1020P is COD: World At War as the hud icons and other bits on the hud look larger and fill a little bit more of the screen up (smaller on 1080P) but nothing different in quality that I can see?

Around the Network

I suppose they would solve that in the final release, yes.

Just curious, did you notice a difference in image quality between 720p and 1080p (other than the tearing)?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
I suppose they would solve that in the final release, yes.

Just curious, did you notice a difference in image quality between 720p and 1080p (other than the tearing)?

In all honestly I wouldn't say it looks any different at all unless you go very very close to the screen and check the edges of the characters/buildings/scenery very closely as they "seem" to look a tiny bit sharper on 1080P, it's just a bit hard to tell though as you have to keep restarting the game to switch 360 resolutions so is rather difficult to remember how the other looked lol,

But from a "normal" viewing distance no, nothing at all is different,

Maybe a slightly different story if you had a 720P and 1080P screen running the game side by side so you could compare just by looking at each screen but even then I think you would have trouble seeing differences lol,

RE5 demo is a Failure. I hate teh control, or maybe is the 360 control and the Ps3 will be better ?

The one thing I want to see in RE5 is quicker enemies and more on screen.The problem I had with the demo is when the enemies got close to you they slowed down drastically when they got a few feet away. All I did was find higher gound and shoot as they came up, too easy.

If they put more on screen, made them faster and spaced them out then it would put the player IMO in a better state of panic. I know it would be hard to do some of that with the control scheme but thats what made the RE series scary, Having to move your character out of a sticky situation in RE3 was fun but adding a partner takes that "OMG what do I do now" feeling and replaces it with "Ok if I screw up I'll have someone to help me out".

I hate when they get in one big group where all I had to do was pull out a shotgun and take them all out at once. I hope the harder difficulties will lower the amount of items dropped too because there was way too much in the demo.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Around the Network

^^In RE4, if you started doing too well, they lowered the amount of ammo and health you got as you went along. That way, everyone's happy.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Anyone else find the extra machine gun in the first level? Run up to the gate (the one that gets blown up in the end), turn right, and it'll be in a suitcase in the corner. Makes it SO much easier

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
^^In RE4, if you started doing too well, they lowered the amount of ammo and health you got as you went along. That way, everyone's happy.

They also upped the number of enemies and increased their damage and effectiveness, unless I remember wrong.

Played it last month, dissappointed.

Playcito said:
RE5 demo is a Failure. I hate teh control, or maybe is the 360 control and the Ps3 will be better ?

No, the PS3 will have the same control problems, hopefully the final game will have lots of control options as that would make it better,