By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance retribution sales

Well the game will be available in a few weeks now. Do you think it will perform well? I don't wanna be pessimistic but I'd see something like 500-600k LTD and WW. It can break the million if it's bundled.

Around the Network

I preordered it last night. It looks like it deserves to sell well; Sony just needs to market it well, like everything else.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering
if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem." -President Ronald Reagan

PSN: southpawHokieVT

I think it can hit 1 million. Just not right off the bat. maybe 1.5 jillion through next year's holiday season.

It's hard to predict, Resistance 2 didn't sell nearly as well as predicted, so that could be an obstacle as well. Depends on promos and marketing, really. How often Sony heavily promote their first party titles in America? Not very often, I reckon...

0.5 mil at best. PSP piracy is huge!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I doubt it will sell more than a million.

It depends on whether it's bundled. Chains of Olympus had some crazy legs because of the bundle, and is now at 1.53 million. Of course, it's still selling quite well, now that the bundle is long gone.  It sold 33k last week, despite being impossible to find in GameStops these days (like any other PSP game).

I think it could break a million, especially if it's bundled, but it ultimately depends on the quality of the game. This is the first third person Resistance title, and it's made by Sony Bend, who haven't had that much success since the PS1 days. Though Sony Bend's Syphon Filter titles for the PSP scored rather well (84% and 87% on GR). Sadly, neither title sold much more than 200k in NA (we don't have EU data).

It's going to have a horrible launch. Possibly good legs due to a bundle down the road.

With out bundles??? I'd say a little over 300K at best. Unless SONY dishes out some decent advertising.

4 ≈ One

I don't know...looks like a good game but not really good portable gaming. They should do a ps2 version as well...infact all psp games should be playable on ps2 and vice versa.