By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ROFL... "RealPlay Games" (Wii games for PS2) + screenshots!

ale666 said:
Andir said:
ale666 said:
sony designers really need a long vacation if they think they can counter the wii with this...perhaps a permanent vacation...now this IS a gimmick.

First off, go away.

Secondly, (and this goes for all of you) where does it say that Sony created these devices?

Publisher: IN2Games

and who are you to tell me to go away? if you don't like what i'm writing don't read it.. as far as publishing goes it's being made for a sony machine for clear purposes..

And if you don't like what third parties are making for another console, don't buy it.  Your argument is two ways.  The only way you think is right is when you get your way.  Complaining about a device is the same as complaining about a post.  As far as I'm concerned, they are the same thing.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

OMG!, must buy... the graphics are sooooo GOOD

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Though 'tisn't exactly on par with the wii... I'm sure it will sell many many units this Christmas, since more people still have and prefer their ps2 as opposed to the wii, 360 or ps3.

Just because people get this for their kids this Christmas doesn't mean they're morons, they're just doing the best they can with what they've got.

In a way, this is a godsend for very poor familys who cannot afford a Wii for their kids...

Wii is doomed. Wii can not do these graphics and the motion control will be superior. The motion control is better because the peripheral is more expensive. Expensive stuff are always better, right? I mean look at SIXAXIS, it costs more than a wiimote and have better motion sensing.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Warlord_ said:
LOL at all you guys, if this was for the wii and made by Nintendo all you guys would be saying how its the best. Too bad the wii will never do better then the PS1 or PS2 :P

Lol at you guys who always said it was nothing but a stupid, dumbass gimmick on the WII but as soon as it's meant for the PS2, it's justified. I call that "hypocritical"

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Wow, those action poses....just wow.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

In the Puzzlesphere section, the guy is holding a wired ball remote. Seems that some portion of it wasn't photoshopped right. Didn't they say it was wireless? Well... maybe it is a development version still.

Besides this, most of the comments I read here look exactly like the comments about Wii Sports and the wiimote when they were announced. I think they had an average idea. I straight out copy, but it could make them some money. Also, if you have a ps2 and only want wii golf (the best one for single player), this version might be ok. Puzzlesphere also looks nice.

I said this because of the direction of the comments, but I don't think this will be a huge success like the Wii is.

muubam said:
Though 'tisn't exactly on par with the wii... I'm sure it will sell many many units this Christmas, since more people still have and prefer their ps2 as opposed to the wii, 360 or ps3.

Just because people get this for their kids this Christmas doesn't mean they're morons, they're just doing the best they can with what they've got.

In a way, this is a godsend for very poor familys who cannot afford a Wii for their kids...

Yeah... Absolutely wrong.

The Wii is successful because it appeals to people who already have a console AND to people who don't, and it has a lot of advertising behind it

This will fail because they have limited the market to those with a PS2.  Further, they have limited the possibility of other games using their controls (3rd party peripherals are even less likely to sell than 1st party).  There are already a dozen different things like this that DON'T require a PS2.  And those have a better potential than these realplay things do.  In fact, I saw one the other day that was a Horse you plugged directly into the TV (my daughter instantly wanted it).  I've seen a light saber simulator that was wireless (it was tempting).  And these were all priced similar to the realplay stuff. 

So will they sell "many many" copies?  Well, I guess the term "many" is relative.  I'm guessing these won't be on the "hotlist" this christmas.  I'll be surprised to see them break 20K.

Just realised... there is one other FATAL flaw with their design.

None of the games will have multiplayer! Or multiplayer at a reasonable price...??

Or will they sell "controllers" separately? You wouldn't imagine so, with most of the cost being in the controller? 

So many questions... I just can't wait to see some reviews now. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Wohoooo, get them at launch and add Ninjabread man and his crew for the Wii and no need for new software till 2010

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.