By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You are a FF fan, and you own a Wii...

Would you:

(A) Purchase and play the Wii version of FF XIII, if the game gets ported to the Wii.

or

(B) Play the HD version of the game, buying a 360 or PS3 for it (amongst other titles you may have wanted) if needs be.

I'm not posting this to discuss the feasiblity of a Wii port, so please don't discuss that here.  Just pretend it could happen at any time.

Around the Network

I would definitely do A. And I fully expect a variety of of Final Fantasy games for the Wii, just not main series.

I would only do B only when a $199 slimline PS3 is available and I also need a Blu-Ray player.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Probably would get FFCC on Wii Ware, then wait for the two other FF:CC games that are coming to the Wii.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Bursche said:
Probably would get FFCC on Wii Ware, then wait for the two other FF:CC games that are coming to the Wii.

FF XIII bud.

FF:CC is Nintendo-only to begin with.

A)

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

^ the op is specifically asking about the main FFXIII, ofcourse there would be a variety of FF games on the wii.

B, while I expect the port's only advantage over the HD version to be motion controles, I would rather experience the game as it was originally meant to be played which would definitely be the HD version.

That's why I wish kh3 to be on the ps3, I just don't see it being all it can be on the wii.

edit: on second thought, if nintendo's first party games could, I am sure nomura's game will.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

RolStoppable said:

I haven't played any Project Zero games before, but since the new one is a Wii exclusive I am definitely interested.

That's what you get for choosing a thread title which leaves room to interpret it in different ways. Also, I am not a Final Fantasy fan, but still wanted to raise my post count which is quite challenging lately because there are hardly any good threads.

I guess we don't OP's then

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

well i already have a ps3, but i would for no reason buy a console just for improved graphics for the game.

A) in a heartbeat

RolStoppable said:

I haven't played any Project Zero games before, but since the new one is a Wii exclusive I am definitely interested.

That's what you get for choosing a thread title which leaves room to interpret it in different ways. Also, I am not a Final Fantasy fan, but still wanted to raise my post count which is quite challenging lately because there are hardly any good threads.

I feel ya on all counts. Interest rising if you are able to play it, and the lack of good threads around here, Though i suppose it would be better for me to rectify the situation than complain.

OT: if you're a hardcore enough FF fan to buy a 360 or PS3 just for that game, you probably already had a PS3 for some time, before it became apparent that it would be the weakest platform for JRPGs (outside of Level 5's excellent work)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.