By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBL Gold : Family Package Petition

goldenpp72 said:

I wont sign this because it should be one fee for the whole console.

I was thinking of that.. but thought MS would go for a package deal quicker then anything else...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
goldenpp72 said:

I wont sign this because it should be one fee for the whole console.

Well thats kind of what I'm going for.. 1 price package deal.

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I meant the same 50 dollar fee, I love xbox live and all but the fact they expect my girlfriend who would use it like 3 times a year to pay extra is retarded and not gonna happen.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

I agree with goldenpp72.

When I finally gave in and paid for Gold me and my girlfriend were quite upset to later find out she needed to pay too if she wanted to play online on Castle Crashers with me. $15 for the game, then $16 for two 1-month subscriptions? Sorry but no thanks. I can't imagine what this ends up costing families. If you have 3 kids that all want their own accounts that is an absurd $150 a year.

If they feel the need to charge money for the service, at least make it one price for the entire console.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Agreed on the one payment per console idea. My cousin and I are both pretty avid gamers and we share our 360. Not being able to play at the same time online with our buddies in competitive ranked games (where guests aren't allowed to play) really blows as we work well as a team. However, paying $60 more for the luxury isn't worth it.

This is one area where I see the PSN further developed in the online space than the 360.

I've signed the petition.

Around the Network
priteshmodi said:

Agreed on the one payment per console idea. My cousin and I are both pretty avid gamers and we share our 360. Not being able to play at the same time online with our buddies in competitive ranked games (where guests aren't allowed to play) really blows as we work well as a team. However, paying $60 more for the luxury isn't worth it.

This is one area where I see the PSN further developed in the online space than the 360.

I've signed the petition.

That is the one thing I see wrong in Microsofts plan, they are clearly leaving some of their players out, but they refuse to care because they are getting their money. Sony on the other hand left nobody out in the cold by allowing everyone to ability to play together.

Isn't that the point?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

That it is. The best part of gaming is sharing the experience. Playing online with friends is one thing. Playing with your buddy next to you is quite another. That's what made gaming for me back in the day before all this online gaming explision. Could you imagine playing online while your buddies are with you in the same room? That's what MS needs to address here.

I don't mind paying for Xbox Live as it's much faster than the PSN for me (there was another thread about this that "stated" PSN speeds vary based on where you're located geographically - so this may not be the case for everyone) and I use features like group chat and the new party system practically every time I turn on my 360. It just sucks that two people on the same Xbox can't do this at once without having to pay twice.

I signed it. I wanna play co-op games with my wife, but also online with my friends at the same time. I tried doing that with COD2, then realized you couldn't, and was pretty disappointed. I already paid $40 for Live, why should my wife, who plays games rarely due to pharmacy school work overload, have to pay for a year subscription to play like, three times in the whole year. It's a bit overkill if you ask me...

I'm pretty sure this won't work, but I'll sign it anyway because I think it's for a good cause.

Sent the petition to Joystiq.com...

In hopes they will make a small article about it on a slow news day..