By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there going to be a problem with the Killzone 2 reviews, can we trust?

NJ5 said:
I have to say that my trust in reviews is at an all-time low, after the GTA4 episode. Reviewers are either getting paid or getting affected by hype too much.

^its the assasins creed reviews which were the worst imo.

i always say the best review is your own review, in that wether you actually like the game or not.

but on topic. imo games like killzone 2 will be heavily fanboy reviewed, sure its gonna have faults like all games do but they will be brought up to the front in an attempt to lower the game down somewhat.

check boombox(or what ever they are called) review of gran turismo 5 prologue and you will see what i mean, they dont say anything good about the game at all apart from grafix, and even the grafix they complained about, in fact when you read it its like a mini review of forza 2 and pgr4 with refrences to gt5p. <----------- its specific fanboy reviews like that i cant stand. and killzone 2 will have loads of them.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Previews from most sites and magazines are very possitive, so the game might not be perfect but it'll be pretty good and intense.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

NJ5 said:
I have to say that my trust in reviews is at an all-time low, after the GTA4 episode. Reviewers are either getting paid or getting affected by hype too much.

For me OPM UK are the only ones I listen too. I also pay attention to Game trailers, because I do quite like their reviews, as they can easily show the flaws.

IGN lost all my confidence with the 2/10 FM 09 review

Squilliam said:

What I find retarded is that you don't even address me personally. I know you're talking about me, but you don't have it in the sack to call me by my name. Are you a coward? A troll? Hmm I don't care really...

I decided against starting my post with "Dear Squilliam" since (a) it is obvious, as you yourself have acknowledged, that my post was in response to you and (b) half of my post reflected on a mentality shared by multiple people on this site. I'll assume that the vitriolic nature of your reply, complete with the character assassination which you claim to despise, is due to the fact my post legitimately called you out.

I suppose I just feel confused as to why you make such a sudden song and dance over the excellent initial critical reception for Killzone 2, where previously you made no such threads in response to the early and glowing reviews of MGS4, Gears 2, LBP, Fable 2, etc, etc.

Can we not just sit back and let the KZ2 reviews all come in, rather than singling it out for special treatment?

Munkeh111 said:
Onyxmeth said:
BengaBenga said:
As long as we don't see GTAIV type of reviews I don't see any issue.

You mean perfect scores? Yeah I'm pretty sure it's going to get some. Gamepro already gave it 5/5.

Regarding the greater topic, yeah maybe it's corrupt, or they're biased, or paid off, or whatever, but it's happened before with a lot of other big games across consoles. It may be wrong, but at least it's consistent.

A 5/5 from gamepro is a lot easier to get than a 10/10 from IGN

Why would it matter which sites give out the hundreds? We all know Killzone 2 is getting them same as GTA IV did. I just don't quite get what Benga meant by his comment. If he meant will Killzone 2 have a 98 Metacritic average, then no it won't obviously, but it will have a decent amount of perfect scores, and probably some from publications using a metric out of 100 also.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
NJ5 said:

For me OPM UK are the only ones I listen too. I also pay attention to Game trailers, because I do quite like their reviews, as they can easily show the flaws.

IGN lost all my confidence with the 2/10 FM 09 review

That's true, gametrailers reviews are nice even if only for the fact that you can actually see the game.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Onyxmeth said:
Munkeh111 said:
Onyxmeth said:
BengaBenga said:
As long as we don't see GTAIV type of reviews I don't see any issue.

You mean perfect scores? Yeah I'm pretty sure it's going to get some. Gamepro already gave it 5/5.

Regarding the greater topic, yeah maybe it's corrupt, or they're biased, or paid off, or whatever, but it's happened before with a lot of other big games across consoles. It may be wrong, but at least it's consistent.

A 5/5 from gamepro is a lot easier to get than a 10/10 from IGN

Why would it matter which sites give out the hundreds? We all know Killzone 2 is getting them same as GTA IV did. I just don't quite get what Benga meant by his comment. If he meant will Killzone 2 have a 98 Metacritic average, then no it won't obviously, but it will have a decent amount of perfect scores, and probably some from publications using a metric out of 100 also.

5/5 is not a perfect score, it is not 100% neccessarily, whereas a 10.0 is

wholikeswood said:
Squilliam said:

What I find retarded is that you don't even address me personally. I know you're talking about me, but you don't have it in the sack to call me by my name. Are you a coward? A troll? Hmm I don't care really...

I decided against starting my post with "Dear Squilliam" since (a) it is obvious, as you yourself have acknowledged, that my post was in response to you and (b) half of my post reflected on a mentality shared by multiple people on this site. I'll assume that the vitriolic nature of your reply, complete with the character assassination which you claim to despise, is due to the fact my post legitimately called you out.

I suppose I just feel confused as to why you make such a sudden song and dance over the excellent initial critical reception for Killzone 2, where previously you made no such threads in response to the early and glowing reviews of MGS4, Gears 2, LBP, Fable 2, etc, etc.

Can we not just sit back and let the KZ2 reviews all come in, rather than singling it out for special treatment?

If this game were an Ubisoft title to be published on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 and I made the same thread I would expect a completely different response. Furthermore I said twice before your post that I believed the game is excellent so how does criticising the review process around the game constitute an attack on the game itself?

You had a pre-conceived idea about my motivations and therefore your response is coloured by it.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
wholikeswood said:
Squilliam said:

If this game were an Ubisoft title to be published on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 and I made the same thread I would expect a completely different response. Furthermore I said twice before your post that I believed the game is excellent so how does criticising the review process around the game constitute an attack on the game itself?

You had a pre-conceived idea about my motivations and therefore your response is coloured by it.

Just because you've said that an excellent game is excellent once or twice, it doesn't mean that every post you ever make about the game again is, as standard, objective or without agenda.

I don't care for hypotheticals like "if I had made this thread about a multiplat, would you still have said this?" - you chose KZ2, which seems curious considering how you've never taken such a stance before in situations identical to this.

wholikeswood said:
Squilliam said:
wholikeswood said:
Squilliam said:

What I find retarded is that you don't even address me personally. I know you're talking about me, but you don't have it in the sack to call me by my name. Are you a coward? A troll? Hmm I don't care really...

Just because you've said that an excellent game is excellent once or twice, it doesn't mean that every post you ever make about the game again is, as standard, objective or without agenda.

I don't care for hypotheticals like "if I had made this thread about a multiplat, would you still have said this?" - you chose KZ2, which seems curious considering how you've never taken such a stance before in situations identical to this.

Indeed.