By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there going to be a problem with the Killzone 2 reviews, can we trust?

It seems completely out of order that the reviews are coming in now, fully a month ahead of schedule. Now I know this is an excellent game, but are Sony manipulating the review process by allowing sites with favourable reviews to release wayyy early and thus put pressure on other sites who want to be in on the scoop as well?

I am suspicious of the events as they are unfolding, this is completely out of line with the majority if not almost every single other game that has been released to date.

So what do you think? Is there a little underhanded craftyness going on here?

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

It seems completely out of order that the reviews are coming in now, fully a month ahead of schedule. Now I know this is an excellent game, but are Sony manipulating the review process by allowing sites with favourable reviews to release wayyy early and thus put pressure on other sites who want to be in on the scoop as well?

I am suspicious of the events as they are unfolding, this is completely out of line with the majority if not almost every single other game that has been released to date.

So what do you think? Is there a little underhanded craftyness going on here?

Yea! Its well known Sony likes to Pay off game reviewers thats why there in debt now!

I think it is quite clear that any very good or very bad Killzone 2 reviews released more than about 10 days before the game are dubious in nature.

Expect those over hyping the game to scream to high heaven over the bad reviews and employ SSMS (Sony Selective Memory Syndrome) over the good ones.

i doubt that they have no money to be moneyhatting even themself >_o

no ,,,as you may know Magazines should be sent out before the month begins(FEB is the time they can release the reviews according to sony),,,so magazines that have  the reviews are  being spotted.

websites on the other hand(like MEgamers.com)published the astonishing review but Sony asked them to take it down immediately.

Sony can't manipulate the magazines as they ship out ,,so some magazine reviews will come out sooner than Feb 2(offcial date ofthe embargo)and Sony can't do anything about that.

P.S. the review copies were sent out at the end of December.

Around the Network

Sony magazines should be ignored because they are shrills of the video game business just like pro Microsoft and pro Nintendo magazines are dubious reviewers due to their bias reviews. GamePro are another dubious source because they are Sony biased.
Wait for Gametrailers, IGN and a host of more reliable reviewers before getting a fairer reflection of the game.

numonex said:
Sony magazines should be ignored because they are shrills of the video game business just like pro Microsoft and pro Nintendo magazines are dubious reviewers due to their bias reviews. GamePro are another dubious source because they are Sony biased.
Wait for Gametrailers, IGN and a host of more reliable reviewers before getting a fairer reflection of the game.

and if those say the game is good?what is the next excuse ?

at first it was

OMG sony lied about the graphics,,,then graphics turned great

suddenly changed to gameplay will suck,,,like KZ1,,,,,then beta player started reporting the game is very very good.

then it changed to: Reviewers will give it bad score like KZ1 casue beta tester were biased and the game is not good,,,,,upto this point 12 reviews are out and they are all very positive reviews( http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-24194/tt/metareviews.aspx )

now it has changed to: These reviewres are biased and paid by sony ,,let's wait for other reviews(so that maybe one gives it a seven or six so we can celebrate)

i m worndering if ign/gamespot gives a good score what is the next lame excuse?

maybe you guys should come in touch with reality that the game is actually good  heaven forbid

Sony is not Microsoft.Killzone 2 is really awsome.

Well judging on people beta responses I know KZ2 will be a great game.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I find it SHOCKING

Killzone 2 is a game that has been on one hand BASHED relentlessly by owners of other consoles for firstly its infamous CGI trailer & then because of apparently "undeserved hype"

On the other hand it has been lauded by a group of PS3 owners.

now that the reviews coming out are actually positive we should not "trust" them?

Yes EVEN I feel IGN review is the one to wait for BUT the so called SONY biased magazines have been the very magazines that have criticized motorstorm PR, Warhawk, LAIR, Heavenly sword & lauded LBP, MGS4.

Lets be fair towards this game now.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey