By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ron Paul, Snakes on a Plane, and videogame sales.

@OP

All this because of Killzone 2? perhaps you'll be better served to lay off the internet for a while and play your "vastly superior" library of xbox games in the meantime. That'll spare you a lot of headache the killzone 2 threads are causing.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I was able to tell this was about killzone as soon as internet hype was mentioned... Why should someone care about hype? As long as the game is good that is what really matters. So far Killzone 2 is having a good reception from reviewers (not couting playstation magazines), or the ones who have actually played the game.

I liked Cloverfield. Ron Paul applied too many ideals that did not satisfy my party's base (or will ever do) i.e. Iraq, capitalism, Iran, federalism, isolationism, etc.

Flamebait said:
I was able to tell this was about killzone as soon as internet hype was mentioned... Why should someone care about hype? As long as the game is good that is what really matters. So far Killzone 2 is having a good reception from reviewers (not couting playstation magazines), or the ones who have actually played the game.

You can plug another game in here besides Killzone 2.  However, Killzone 2 is the top game discussed regarding sales figures, and hype and so on.  People are awaiting how well it would do, and it is discussed.  As I stated in the original post, there are other cases where things get a large buzz about them, Killzone 2 on here is the latest.

halogamer1989 said:
I liked Cloverfield. Ron Paul applied too many ideals that did not satisfy my party's base (or will ever do) i.e. Iraq, capitalism, Iran, federalism, isolationism, etc.

I am not sure what ther GOP stands for.  The last I could tell was that it stood for preemptive wars and tax cuts.  Smaller government got thrown out, along with just about everything else.  Ok, maybe ban on Gay marriage and federally funding of abortion.  What I see with Ron Paul being rebuffed was a rejection of a lot of pre-Reagan Republicanism.  

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
halogamer1989 said:

I am not sure what ther GOP stands for.  The last I could tell was that it stood for preemptive wars and tax cuts.  Smaller government got thrown out, along with just about everything else.  Ok, maybe ban on Gay marriage and federally funding of abortion.  What I see with Ron Paul being rebuffed was a rejection of a lot of pre-Reagan Republicanism.  

PM me me if you want an explanation.  I am going to bed so I can't explain this in detail.  I think you have already made you choice though but our platform is @ http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/

halogamer1989 said:

Non-interventionism,  not isolationsim.  There's a difference.

richardhutnik said:

Ron Paul's stance is very much the original Republican views.  The stuff we see today by the neo-conservatives, as you noted above, is not classic Rebuplicanism.

Sorry for being off topic.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
halogamer1989 said:

Non-interventionism,  not isolationsim.  There's a difference.

richardhutnik said:

Ron Paul's stance is very much the original Republican views.  The stuff we see today by the neo-conservatives, as you noted above, is not classic Rebuplicanism.

Ron Paul is definitely smaller government.  Everything stems out of this, and being true to the Constitution, and preventing the growth of government.  This is why he has a non-interventionalist foreign policy and avoiding entangling alliances.  It is stay out of the messes of the world and don't play sides, and only act in America's interests.  Neocons, warhawk Democrats who don't like moral relativism of liberalism (see Lieberman here), happened to defect to the Republican Party.  It is why you have the Fox News talking heads keep referencing DEMOCRATIC presidents in the past, to defend Bush's policies, because the Democrats used to be big on interventionalism.  Even Clinton had done this, and was busted on by the GOP for putting American troops at risk (see Kosovo here).

Anyhow, when a thread has Ron Paul in it, in relation to videogames, there is a risk the thread would go off-topic.  It appears to have happened now.  I am going to look to go private message with this.  I don't have any interest in this becoming a Ron Paul thread, only to use Ron Paul as an example of how hype in a niche doesn't necessarily monster sales.

I assume then you understand my signature?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
I assume then you understand my signature?

I figured you might of been involved with the Paulites at one time.  I wasn't sure if it was that or if both the Paulites and yourself got the idea from the same place.