By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how many weeks the 360 will outsell the PS3 this year in Japan

So far what we do know is that Ninja Blade and SO4 will be releasing exclusively for the 360 with SO4 releasing on Feb 19th and I don't know about Ninja Blade. So with that said how many weeks is any do you think the 360 will outsell the PS3 this year in Japan?

I am going to say the SO4 week, Yakuza 3 releases a week later so SO4 sales will most probably not be impacted by that game. Ninja Blade will not do much, if Ninja Gaiden could not do well I don't see the rip-off of that game being made by awful devs doing anything. Demon Souls........*shudders*

Around the Network

Hard to say, KZ2 + Yakuza 3 + SO4 = Chaos in sales.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Hard to say, KZ2 + Yakuza 3 + SO4 = Chaos in sales.

Does KZ2 have a simultaneous WW release? I don't think the Japanese care for FPS much. Still, I'll go out on a limb and claim that the ps3 would still outsell the 360 in SO4 week just to give the hardcore xbots something to feed on when I'm pwned.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

For now, only SO4 week. But new games can always be announced.

only star ocean week.

and thats its not confirm yet, ps3 have too many titles releasing at that time.

Around the Network

Yakuza 3 releases a week after SO4, were it to release the same day as SO4 then no way would 360 outsell the PS3 for even that week. Killzone 2 will not do anything in Japan, will be luckly to pass 100k LTD.

4 or 5 weeks

numonex said:
4 or 5 weeks

I find this post amuseing.

Why? 5 weeks is not impossible, 360 did 6 in a row. Still though by the end of the year I see the PS3 outselling 360 3:1 in Japan. GT5 and FFXIII releasing this year = 4:1