By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Local Sales for Madden Release week

@valen200 and @Darkness

How many people bought both a new console AND a copy of Madden? just to know if you expect a madden-related system sales increase :)

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Around the Network

As expected the PS2 and 360 are the lead platforms for the game.

Off topic: Are you a big fan of the janitor on Scrubs or something?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

DS version should sell the worst IMO. The console doesn't have the grunt to handle Madden, and I can't imagine the "casual" gamer playing much Madden on the go.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
DS version should sell the worst IMO. The console doesn't have the grunt to handle Madden, and I can't imagine the "casual" gamer playing much Madden on the go.

Agree. As a gamer I cant see any reason why I would want to play a game like madden on the DS over the PSP. Honestly I cant see why I would want to play madden on any handheld at all honestly. Handheld versions will likely sell the worst of the bunch. Madden on the go isnt appealing to me at all. But if I were gonna play it, give me that crystal clear screen and good sound, for the love of god.

ckmlb said:

As expected the PS2 and 360 are the lead platforms for the game.

Off topic: Are you a big fan of the janitor on Scrubs or something?

SCRUUUBS ROCKSS

it really is such a great serie..best series on comedy central

after south park ofcourse.. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

lol i dont expect any game to sell well on ds for a while. Everyone seems to be playing pokemon. Crazy people.

Just wanted to point out that today we finally sold two copies of DS Madden. Heh, freaked me out, but one guy wanted to play on his plane trip and the other heard it was pretty good online so he picked it up. We sold out of 360 and PS2 Madden. Every other version sold at least one copy.

As for buying Madden with a new system, I haven't seen that yet. We sold a couple systems, but none of the people who bought them picked up Madden. What I thought was funny was a couple of people who didn't know that the Wii even had Madden on the system. :)

I actually did get sales data for last week, however I am starting a second job and am currently using most of jy free time getting ready for it. Really, there were no surprises- we sold out of 20 copies of bioshock. In fact, the entire town has been consistently running out of Bioshock 360. I am talking three Wal-Marts, Toys R Us, EB, Best Buy, Circuit City, Game Crazy, Game Stop, a few local stores, etc.We sold 4 of 8 pc Bioshock copies. We did not sell any of the 4 Brunswick Wii game. We sold 1 of 3 Graw2 on Ps3, but technically we sold one shortly after midnight when the week ended so the sales are actually 2/3 of our initial shipment. The only PsP game we received was Graw 2, 4 copies with none sold. The only Ds game was Brain Age 2 with 2 copies sold so far. I don't remember the shipment size off-hand but it was large.

I was happy with how well the local numbers reflected the Madden 08 sales. So I am curious to see how well Bioshock week plays out.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

D'oh !! I forgot we have 14 copies of Bioshock on order. In fact, they will probably be there when I head to work tonight.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Good work. Keep up the sales reports.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.