By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I wonder if it would be possible to make Microsoft bankrupt

good point there dolla dolla.

WHen i read it first thing I thought was sony fan boys would all join forces to try to damage microsofts wallet. Yes it was a crazy thought but i'm sure others thought it.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
@Warlord - The US may be the richest country in the world (though Google says it's Luxembourg, but I don't think that's correct) but it's far from being the best country in the world.

---

You often see products offering charitable donations if you buy their product. Crisps, for example, I can't believe how many times I've walked into the shops and I've seen banners 'Buy a packet of Brand X and Company Y will donate 1p to Charity Z', I have yet to have heard of a crisp company thats gone bankrupt (except Golden Wonder, not sure about them... but that wasn't down to charity, I don't think).

uhh what they mean by that is the average person in luxembourg is richer then the average in america, its not saying that the country itself has more wealth.

Ok then whats the best? Ill put america as a very strong competiter for this place

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Legend11 said:
Mummelmann said:

And yet if he didn't donate billions you'd be bashing him for that.  Seriously how could the man win with you?  Also how much of your money have you given to charity?  Do you sponsor even one child in Africa?  He helps millions there.  Stop bashing someone who gives away billions of dollars to help millions of people, it's not like he has to do it.

Why are you defending Bill Gates? Anyway, it's called tax breaks, you get 'em for giving money to charity. If they stopped those then we'd see a lot of these really 'generous' rich people keep their money.

Did you know that someone like Bill Gates can single handedly completely obliterate the debt of almost all poor countries? Why doesn't he do it? Because he doesn't want to. Not that I'm claiming I would if I was in his position, just saying someone that rich can change the world in a second but doesn't.

As to the original poster, the idea will never ever work and you are starting a thread that will only result in conflict.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

good point. close the thread. Unless you want to see conflict.

ckmlb said:
Legend11 said:
Mummelmann said:

And yet if he didn't donate billions you'd be bashing him for that.  Seriously how could the man win with you?  Also how much of your money have you given to charity?  Do you sponsor even one child in Africa?  He helps millions there.  Stop bashing someone who gives away billions of dollars to help millions of people, it's not like he has to do it.

Why are you defending Bill Gates? Anyway, it's called tax breaks, you get 'em for giving money to charity. If they stopped those then we'd see a lot of these really 'generous' rich people keep their money.

Did you know that someone like Bill Gates can single handedly completely obliterate the debt of almost all poor countries? Why doesn't he do it? Because he doesn't want to. Not that I'm claiming I would if I was in his position, just saying someone that rich can change the world in a second but doesn't.

As to the original poster, the idea will never ever work and you are starting a thread that will only result in conflict.

agreed lets end this (btw i like bill gates (sobs) )

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

@Lost tears of Kain: My patriotic answer would be the UK: more factual and less biased media, stronger currency, less government censorship, national health (allbeit a bit of a shambles atm), less crime rates, higher SD standards, half metric system (I want full metric), more energy efficient (or 'green'), and a less 'corrupt'* government.

My answer to annoy all Americans - Canada

*I mean corrupt as in lieing to the nation, getting the nation in a state of panic to increase sales and boost the economy, etc...

P.S - Oh, and thanks for the info, I never really understood what per capita meant.

SamuelRSmith said:
@Lost tears of Kain: My patriotic answer would be the UK: more factual and less biased media, stronger currency, less government censorship, national health (allbeit a bit of a shambles atm), less crime rates, higher SD standards, half metric system (I want full metric), more energy efficient (or 'green'), and a less 'corrupt'* government.

My answer to annoy all Americans - Canada

*I mean corrupt as in lieing to the nation, getting the nation in a state of panic to increase sales and boost the economy, etc...

P.S - Oh, and thanks for the info, I never really understood what per capita meant.

Hmm well those are def great arguments, very good ones but i could come back with some american, but whats the point?

Lets just all agree that UK, America, yes even Canda =P  are great countrys

It wasn't meant as an argument starter (though I do love those kinds of debates), and the def one was put in as a bit of comical relief, although it was poor comical relief.

I remember reading somewhere that if Bill Gates sold his investments to donate to charity then they will stuffer a severe nose-dive.

MyPoint: He can not donate all his money at once or he will lose a lot.

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

Warlord_ said:
The US is by far the best country in the world, they give more money and food to poor countries then any other nation. All the rest of the world bitches when the US leaves countries to kill themselfs and they bitch when they do something, i just wish all you people would stop bashing the best country in the world.

I dunno about anyone else, but this guy's attitude is why I tend to show some bitterness to the "best country in the world."

Yeah, I finally have a sig.