By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 BIOSHOCK RUMOR DEBUNKED!?!??!? bbsin reports.

We all know there are rumors about a PS3 version of Bioshock coming sometime in the future. The folks at 2kgames answered exclusivity questions very mysteriously, which caused more and more speculation about a PS3 version maybe arriving next year. Then came the boxart pictures from sites like EBgames,Amazon.com and even Toys"R"us. Anyone could clearly see that the usual "ONLY ON XBOX360" stamp inbetween the XBOX360 and XBOXlive logos are missing, only adding more flames on the rumors.

which brings me to the time I was watching "attack of the show" the other day as they were talking about how Toys"R"us broke the street date a week early. The host of the show held up the retail copy to show all the viewers at home and for some reason my eyes quickly noticed something really strange about the case.... something was inbetween the XBOX360 and Xboxlive logos. i know i know, you all must be thinking "but bbsin are you stupid??? that's just the (ONLY ON XBOX360) stamp, and there are a slew of games that has the same stamp!" Ah ofcourse, but something didn't look right at all. I'll show you all the differences between the usual "onlyonxbox360" stamp and this newer stamp.

see the difference?? strange isn't it???
anyways, i did more digging up until i found a higher res picture of the bioshock retail xbox360 boxart and found out what the newer stamp said.... long story short.. it says "only on xbox 360 and windows"....

If this doesn't take care of the PS3 bioshock rumors i'm not sure what will. But who knows?, the "only on xbox360" seal may have been broken already in times of the past and Take2 is not the type of company that keeps big name titles on one console.
Now, you all might ask me "why did you have to write such a long post to tell us that!" and i say.... it's 6:00am and i'm still not asleep but i think typing this post did the trick. zzzzzzzzzzz

Around the Network

Interesting. This is the first game to have that on it that I know of.

Well it's good that I own a 360 so I don't have to hope for multiplatform release for this (not that I would be able to wait a few months anyway).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That's awesome I'm glad your happy.  (EDIT: That came out kinda sarcastic, I was just kidding) (EDIT2:  I also think that it won't be coming to PS3 any time close to soon.  4 Million users isn't enough to justify porting.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

so i guess "ohh and on PC also" is in real small print.

seems a bit pathetic putting that really, some may see it as a reluctance to commit exclusives to the 360, especially as halo 3 is probably going to end up on the PC aswell.

Around the Network
Hus said:
so i guess "ohh and on PC also" is in real small print.
 exactly - it says "only on xbox 360 and windows" 

well, if Bioshock comes to PS3 LATER it means that it will be a "timed exclusivity"
and so, u have to compare bioshock box with a similar timed exclusivity box.

Is thee any game that was release firstly on Xbox360 and then, later, on PS3 ?

What was written on the box of this game ?

It is higly possible that PS3 will never see Bioshock but ur point is not the perfect evidence.

(personnaly, between 10M, and +50%, 15M users, there is a big difference that could why a port would be a good point (only +10% cost))...

Time to Work !

One of the developrs recently said that the games finished and is never going to e ported to the PS3.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Guess we won't know till next year in any case, don't matter to me though; I'm getting it for my PC anyway.

Bioshock will do well enough on the 360 that it won't need to go to the PS3. Resident Evil 4 did between mediocre to poorly on the GC, that's why it was ported to the PS2.

How did the PS3 lose Bioshock as a game in the first place exactly?

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom