By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the most underated game in history ?

Sales wise? Metroid Prime series, its great it sells all right, but it deserves sales around 5 milion at least, its just that good.

Around the Network

Starfox Adventures f***ing rocks! If the game had "Legend of Zelda" in the title, it'd be hailed as one of the all time greats. But since everyone typecasts Fox McCloud as a bad ass fighter pilot, this game didn't get the love it deserved.

WraithPriest said:
Secret of Evermore.

For some reason alot of people still blame it for Secret of Mana 2 getting cancelled.

If you can't find it to play, get a rom or wait and pray for a VC/DS version, you owe it to yourself.

You sir, win the thread.

I can't believe no one has said Okami yet. I'm the guy who has got to do it. Not that I mind, since I'm the token Okami guy, but c'mon.

Chrizum said:
WraithPriest said:
Secret of Evermore.

For some reason alot of people still blame it for Secret of Mana 2 getting cancelled.

If you can't find it to play, get a rom or wait and pray for a VC/DS version, you owe it to yourself.

You sir, win the thread.

Why thank you. I spent the entire 6 week break playing that game, levelled up each and every weapon to 3 and got all the alchemy.

I loved it.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64
Around the Network

bioforge and full throttle

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.. 85% of Metacritic...

It's WAY BETTER THAN THAT SNES PORT THEY CALL CHRONO TRIGGER

/rant

Pixel Art can be fun.

MontanaHatchet said:
I can't believe no one has said Okami yet. I'm the guy who has got to do it. Not that I mind, since I'm the token Okami guy, but c'mon.

Okami is generally regarded as one of the best games of 2006 by players and the press alike.

God Hand is the black sheep of the Clover family, and it is awesome.

Phoenix_Wiight said:
some of the games in the Fire Emblem series.

FFIX, when compared to the rest of the FF games that one doesn't shine even tho it's just as good as VII (IMO)

I agree, all though it does have the highest MetaCritic score for any FF >:D

But it is underated, a lot of people don't like it due to the character models.  I however, loved them, they were basically Revamped 8-bit sprites :P.  The story was amazing and the gameplay so damn fun.  I liked it more than VII (zomg, blasphemy!, VII was OVERRATED imho).

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Breath of Fire III and IV are definitely underrated imo.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.