By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces some numbers before the opening bell

The EDD includes the Zune, but I think they've mostly given up on that product. Last year there was a ton of advertisement for the Zune, this year I've hardly seen anything. It's pretty much impossible to compete with the iPod right now.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
FinalEvangelion said:
So E&D includes Zune and Mac Office, IIRC?

No, I don't think so.

Yes,  Zune and Mac Office are both in E&DD.  Massive Mac Office sales, along with 360 software sales and Live subscriptions are the revenue generators for this division.  I doubt Zune is very profitable yet.

wow, that's gotta be tough for Sony that Microsoft is making a profit while selling their system at $200 while Sony is losing millions selling theirs at $400. Microsoft is probably losing a little money on each arcade, almost breaking even on pro, and making money on elite at this point. It makes a price cut in 2009 certainly seem possible.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Wow, ms still showing that they are a strong and innovative company, even with all the hefty competition and the downfalling markets. Pity about all those job losses though, I know it's neccesary for the business as a whole but it's gonna be tough to look for a new job given the global rising level of unemployment.

WiiStation360 said:
Sardauk said:
FinalEvangelion said:
So E&D includes Zune and Mac Office, IIRC?

No, I don't think so.

Yes,  Zune and Mac Office are both in E&DD.  Massive Mac Office sales, along with 360 software sales and Live subscriptions are the revenue generators for this division.  I doubt Zune is very profitable yet.

My bad.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Nevermind I see there best qaurter after the 6 million from this one is 4.3 million.

E&D also includes Windows Mobile. It is actually a very substantial part of the org, much larger than Office Mac and Zune combined.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

FishyJoe said:
I think it's pretty clear, even after the price cut the 360 loses less than the PS3 with no price cut. I'm guessing 360 still posts a slight loss, however it's offset by the better software sales.

They probably lose money on the Arcade and make it back on the Premium / Elite, at least the Elite for sure.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957