By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there a possibility that Snatcher will appear on the virtual console?

VonShigsy said:

I don't think CD based consoles are going to appear on VC. If that was the cace, Nintendo would have included the Turbographx CD. Maybe Snatcher will appear as a Wiimake in the Unnamed Kojima Wii project.

Question: If Jaguar was to appear on VC, are they any good games for it except Doom?

Nintendo does not own the rights to the TurboCD, so it's lack of inclusion does not mean it will never be included.  Remember that the Neo-Geo was not included in the VC at first.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
VonShigsy said:

I don't think CD based consoles are going to appear on VC. If that was the cace, Nintendo would have included the Turbographx CD. Maybe Snatcher will appear as a Wiimake in the Unnamed Kojima Wii project.

Question: If Jaguar was to appear on VC, are they any good games for it except Doom?

Nintendo does not own the rights to the TurboCD, so it's lack of inclusion does not mean it will never be included. Remember that the Neo-Geo was not included in the VC at first.

Yes, but CD based consoles have yet to appear. (Don't know about MSX, but i'm pretty sure it didn't use a CD rom due to it's oldness.) The problem still lies within Wii 's internal flash memory that is still small to support CD based games. If an update allows us to boot a game from the SD card, or Nintendo utilises a compressing method that limits the CD data to reasonable size then maybe. We are still waiting on Neo-Geo games though, they said this summer in Japan. (and they are considerably big.)

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

CD based are just too big for Wii's internal memory. ITs not gonna happen, unfortunatley.

RolStoppable said:
VonShigsy said:

Off the top of my head I remember Club Drive, got insane reviews.

I don't know that game..link? AVP was good too, i forgot that. 

VonShigsy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
VonShigsy said:

Nintendo does not own the rights to the TurboCD, so it's lack of inclusion does not mean it will never be included. Remember that the Neo-Geo was not included in the VC at first.

Yes, but CD based consoles have yet to appear. (Don't know about MSX, but i'm pretty sure it didn't use a CD rom due to it's oldness.) The problem still lies within Wii 's internal flash memory that is still small to support CD based games. If an update allows us to boot a game from the SD card, or Nintendo utilises a compressing method that limits the CD data to reasonable size then maybe. We are still waiting on Neo-Geo games though, they said this summer in Japan. (and they are considerably big.)

First of all, you stated you didn't they they were coming at all, and you backed that up with no real evidence. That was what I was disputing.

The memory issue is more like it. Even though CD games can be compressed a hell of a lot now (Symphony of the Night on XBLA is only 3x as big as Ocarina of Time), that would still leave room for only a few games, meaning a lot of SD card swapping, until Nintendo allows direct play from them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Unfortunately, gamerankings has no reviews listed from that time, but you might find this gamefaqs review helpful:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/jaguar/review/R9265.html

Yes,  i can see now that it's a lost gem in time. Thank you.