By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hey Nintendo. Want to shut up the hardlycore? Listen up.

Nothing unusual here. Nintendo partners with third parties to make games all the time. SSBB, Fatal Frame 4, and Factor 5's rumoured Kid Icarus come to mind off the top of my head.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
souixan said:

Don't touch this one, SE is nothing like Squaresoft and without Sakaguchi I don't want it anymore but if Nintendo wanted to produce it in house(I trust their dev teams far more) then woohoo.

They seem to be working at this, look at their recent acquisitions and employment.

Best thing they could do at the moment is to bring back the nintendo seal of quality not just the "official seal" and start hitting a few shovelware producers with the ban hammer..

this (or at least it contributed) is what got Nintendo in trouble in the first place. Everyone left Nintendo for Sony and still haven't quite come back to them yet.

What Nintendo should do is provide 2 seals. One "official seal" just like they have now. And a second "Seal of Quality". Anyone who pays liscensing fees and their games don't hack the system or crash it get to put the first seal on. If they meet Nintendo's quality standards, then they get the second. This would promote good workmanship, as you would have a nice shiny seal on your case and consumers would know the game passes nintendo's own standards.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'm not happy with your ideas. Three of your games are RPG's, but I'm already drowning in RPG's on the DS, so this is not my priority currently.

I would be fine if they:

- revived the DK series in a BIG way (My take would be, release NEW Donkey Kong Country or DK Country 4 on the DS in classic 2D and release Donkey Kong World or whatever on the Wii, a new attempt of bringing the DK series to the third dimension)

- would announce a new F-Zero. Just take GX and make new tracks.

- would give me the perfect Tennis experience with Mario Tennis Wii.

- would bring Wave Race to the Wii (Imagine playing this with Motion Controls...)

- would bring anyone of their other platformer series back (Yoshi, Kirby, just something...)

Well that's it for the moment. Of course other sequels would be welcome too, especially for Mariozeldametroid.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nordlead said:
souixan said:

Don't touch this one, SE is nothing like Squaresoft and without Sakaguchi I don't want it anymore but if Nintendo wanted to produce it in house(I trust their dev teams far more) then woohoo.

They seem to be working at this, look at their recent acquisitions and employment.

Best thing they could do at the moment is to bring back the nintendo seal of quality not just the "official seal" and start hitting a few shovelware producers with the ban hammer..

this (or at least it contributed) is what got Nintendo in trouble in the first place. Everyone left Nintendo for Sony and still haven't quite come back to them yet.

What Nintendo should do is provide 2 seals. One "official seal" just like they have now. And a second "Seal of Quality". Anyone who pays liscensing fees and their games don't hack the system or crash it get to put the first seal on. If they meet Nintendo's quality standards, then they get the second. This would promote good workmanship, as you would have a nice shiny seal on your case and consumers would know the game passes nintendo's own standards.

Now there's a damn good idea. Nice one

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

nordlead said:
souixan said:

And then all the developers who don't make games up to that standard see themselves losing business to other games so they put their games on a different platform.  Exodus of developers, even shovelware ones, isn't necessarily a good thing.

Around the Network
SUPABRETT said:

You're now swimming in money so this shouldn't be hard to do.

Take 100 million of your holiday profits from NA alone and do the following:

Make 5 games with a budget between 10-12million NOT relying on any existing IPs except for...

A real Mario RPG sequal with Square Enix with as close as possible to galaxy graphics. This game alone would pay for most if not all of the Stop the hardlycore from bitching project(SHBP).

Speaking of Square. FFVI Remake pay them to make it for you instant hype for your console until it releases.

Make your own damn RPG series.

Find some indie devs & fund them for Wiiware games A few million could make loads of good download games.

2d console revival Donkey Kong,Mario,Zelda,Metroid, & something new.

Spread this out over a 18 month period & do it again then your next system will almost be ready.

Thank in advance.

Post what you think would be a good way for nintendo to use the SHBP funds.

OK, stop right there for a second. Part of the point of the Wii is that sky-high budgets and ZOMGNEWCHARACTERZZZZ are not necessary when making good games, and that the industry fetish on these things over the last ten years has in fact been harmful. Bowing to the hardly-core at this point would undermine that.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Hey Nintendo,release Disaster DOC in the US

Make a new Pilot wings

Let Retro revive it's RPG project Raven Blade

Let Monolith soft make new RPGs and if they want more Xenosaga

Get Zelda Wii out

Can we get a true Donkey Kong game..not been one since SNES (no DK64 was just a Banjo 3rd game)

more F zero

hardly core are mainstream gamers. There the ones who think the wii cant go online, PS2 was the most powerfull console last gen and that final fantasy started on the PS1

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
For RPG, Nintendo already has Pokémon, Golden Sun and Paper Mario(except the last one I guess). Some people might say that Fire Emblem is an RPG, but I don't really see it as one.

Also, they bought Monolith Soft to make an RPG for them, and Camelot are currently working on a game (possibly Golden Sun 3, or a different RPG all-together). They also have the Mario & Luigi-series.

So to sum it up: Epic fail on your part.

Yeah Pokemon is a rpg but you know what I meant an Original Rpg for the Wii.

Words Of Wisdom said:
nordlead said:

And then all the developers who don't make games up to that standard see themselves losing business to other games so they put their games on a different platform.  Exodus of developers, even shovelware ones, isn't necessarily a good thing.

It is already to late. Nintendo makes games that are too good for the competition anyways. The seal of quality won't make a difference

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)