By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hirai: Xbox "lacks longevity" and Wii doesn't count so PS3 will win.

hirai, must be on some serious shit to be thinking the way he is about nintendo and m$.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Yeah, Ninendo of what - Korea?

As to your other post: you cannot be serious.

Not only that but no matter what Nintendo says, they're competing with Sony whether they want to or not. Saying anything else is just delusional or spinning things.

Sony's gaming ambitions have been getting lower and lower... First the PS3 would kill everything and the Wii was a fad, then it was the "10 year plan" to catch the other two consoles, now it's "we're not competing"... It's a downwards spiral.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

emilie autumn said:
why do top executive from sony and microsoft exclude nintendo as if the wii is not an actual console?

Even when the Wii takes Sony's once exclusive titles, i.e. DQX & MH3, it's ok because they aren't a competitor.

i am not even gonna complain about this article. atleast he tries to make some logic out of his statements. Everything greenburg says comes straight from his azz. well i have to say that the Wii is in his league. it appeals to non-gamers so i can see why the 360 or the PS3 doesn't call it competition. but i do believe that the 360 is limited on how much time it has left on the market. this is why i believe that microsoft was first to say that their next console will come around 2010-2011.

saxophonehero said:

(...) microsoft was first to say that their next console will come around 2010-2011.

I'll give you $10 for that Bullshit generator.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Are they serious with this 10 year stuff?

The way Sony is doing as a company, that may be the only choice they have lmao.

Hirari is going through the 5 stages of grief.
It's simple psychology.

1)Denial: "PS3 is fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me!"

2)Anger: "Why me? It's not fair!" "NO! NO! We were first for 2 generations. How can this happen!?!"

3)Bargaining: "Just let us beat the xbox 360. We'll do anything, can't you stretch it out? A few more years, perhaps 10?"

4)Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; We can't be the Wii. . . What's the point?"

5)Acceptance: "It's going to be OK."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it. 3rd place is better than 4th place"

Xen said:
bardicverse said:
When is this guy going to fall on his own blade in disgrace? Everyone in the industry is seeing this guy as a total quack for not considering the Wii as a competitor. Ken, developers are shifting their resources to Wii development, away from PS3 development. Ignore that, and you'll have a smaller library of games than the N64.

If you're not talking about Japan, then not really...

Actually, yes, bit by bit, more studios shift resources to have or increase their Wii development, often at the expense of delays on their HD projects. This is seen as people here have explained the "cashing in" on a Wii title to potentially have a budget for a HD game.

Yet, even on the topic of Japan - you're talking some serious loss of firepower. SE and Konami have pretty much brought Sony to its success. Should they change their minds, as SE already has with the new FF, that's a heavy blow to Sony, and other developers see that and rethink THEIR gameplan.

it seems to me the biggest barrier here is people who own one console or another or who enjoy epeen arguments and debates just not understanding what theyre saying or reading.

The wii is innovative its advanced into its own market and expanded its userbase and demographics. To say in one breath the Wii is innovative and yet also remains in the same market as the PS3 and 360 is not only hipocritical but ridiculous. The wii has expanded and grown and reached dmeographics and the product itself is simply not in the same market as the console and videogame industry that we have all known.

the main problem in these "ZOMG sony is in denial" threads is people that are still stuck on "videogame market" as a constant. The PS3 and 360 have remained and cater to the original histrorical "market" and the wii has evolved what we have always viewed as a constant...controlle rin hand, pushing buttons on our couch shoot em or score points system.

Look, its ridiculous to say the wii doesnt play or sell videogames, but its just as ridiculous to not be able to understand WHY the wii is selling buttloads. Its seriously getting ridiculous that the majority of the people arguing for Hirai to shut up and ramining firm in the stance that the Wii competes with the PS3 DIRECTLY refuse to acknowledge the real variables at work.

its not denial, its not anger its not a 5 step process....the wii has expanded immensly how people VIEW videogames....because of this it cant be thrown in with tradition systems or systems that really only have one thing in common, putting a disc in a box and things showing up on screen. you cant just take one aspect that these things have in common and say theyre teh same because of this one thing.

People need to just understand its very simple. the HD consoles over higher resolution, video on demand, rental services, advanced audio, graphics and traitions control schemes. The variables and aspects of the Wii and 360 and PS3 literally have few things in common so i dont understand how people who are knowledgable about these systems can still argue theyre in the same market when theyre really not very similar in their functions.

They have some common variables but a far greater amount of things different....they simply cant be compared directly....

Nintendo has prospered BECAUSE of this, the wii has prospered BECAUSE of this. the reason its so successful is because it is different! why is this so hard to understand! it doesnt diminish what the system does or has accomplished, its not a stab at gaming its just simply different and created its own market. its a good thing for gods sake. its different.

saxophonehero said:
i am not even gonna complain about this article. atleast he tries to make some logic out of his statements. Everything greenburg says comes straight from his azz. well i have to say that the Wii is in his league. it appeals to non-gamers so i can see why the 360 or the PS3 doesn't call it competition. but i do believe that the 360 is limited on how much time it has left on the market. this is why i believe that microsoft was first to say that their next console will come around 2010-2011.

o rly?