Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have the 100 Classic Books Collection for DS! What should I read first?

11ht11 said:
Importance of Being Earnest

I'll second that.

Around the Network

King Lear has the best gfx

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Importance of Being Earnest for me...

Dallinor said:

'The Picture Of Dorian Grey' of course.

'Tales of Mystery and Imagination' is pretty good too, and so is 'Last Of The Mohicans' although you've probably seen the film.

Samuel Clemens is spinning in his grave.

Onyxmeth, might I suggest Sir Walter Scott's books? I do so love a good story. Rob Roy is just fine, just fine, though Ivanhoe you're probably familiar with.

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are excellent books, I love them. They're totally weird, but at the same time, they're very easy to read and very entertaining. I'd start there.

Of the other books that are there and I have read, The Treasure Island is boring, The Picture of Dorian Gray is a bit boring too, Hamlet is good but is far too ornated, and the Sherlock Holmes stories are great

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are excellent books, I love them. They're totally weird, but at the same time, they're very easy to read and very entertaining. I'd start there.

Of the other books that are there and I have read, The Treasure Island is boring, The Picture of Dorian Gray is a bit boring too, Hamlet is good but is far too ornated, and the Sherlock Holmes stories are great

Hamlet it is supposed to be the best thing ever in the English language.  I've got to get that collection.  Hopefully, they have a part 2 with Dracula and Frankenstein and some poems from the Romantic era.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:

Hamlet it is supposed to be the best thing ever in the English language.  I've got to get that collection.  Hopefully, they have a part 2 with Dracula and Frankenstein and some poems from the Romantic era.

"Supposed to be"? You haven't read it?

You love using that face with me, right? Anyway, The Treasure Island is one of the biggest disappointments I had when reading, all those pages...and in the end nothing happens.

On a side note, the book collection definitely needs some Jules Verne's books, at least Around the World in Eighty Days and Journey to the Center of the Earth, those are true classics

I agree about Jules Verne, but I'm trying to imagine the mindset that would make any Robert Louis Stevenson book boring, much less that one.

I cannot! The mindset required escapes me!