By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have the 100 Classic Books Collection for DS! What should I read first?

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are excellent books, I love them. They're totally weird, but at the same time, they're very easy to read and very entertaining. I'd start there.

Of the other books that are there and I have read, The Treasure Island is boring, The Picture of Dorian Gray is a bit boring too, Hamlet is good but is far too ornated, and the Sherlock Holmes stories are great

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are excellent books, I love them. They're totally weird, but at the same time, they're very easy to read and very entertaining. I'd start there.

Of the other books that are there and I have read, The Treasure Island is boring, The Picture of Dorian Gray is a bit boring too, Hamlet is good but is far too ornated, and the Sherlock Holmes stories are great

Hamlet it is supposed to be the best thing ever in the English language.  I've got to get that collection.  Hopefully, they have a part 2 with Dracula and Frankenstein and some poems from the Romantic era.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:

Hamlet it is supposed to be the best thing ever in the English language.  I've got to get that collection.  Hopefully, they have a part 2 with Dracula and Frankenstein and some poems from the Romantic era.

"Supposed to be"? You haven't read it?

You love using that face with me, right? Anyway, The Treasure Island is one of the biggest disappointments I had when reading, all those pages...and in the end nothing happens.

On a side note, the book collection definitely needs some Jules Verne's books, at least Around the World in Eighty Days and Journey to the Center of the Earth, those are true classics

Around the Network

I agree about Jules Verne, but I'm trying to imagine the mindset that would make any Robert Louis Stevenson book boring, much less that one.

I cannot! The mindset required escapes me!

Khuutra said:
BTFeather55 said:

"Supposed to be"? You haven't read it?

I've read it.  My college professor said it was.  In retrospect, it is emo though, but still a good read.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Khuutra said:
I agree about Jules Verne, but I'm trying to imagine the mindset that would make any Robert Louis Stevenson book boring, much less that one.

I cannot! The mindset required escapes me!

To be fair, I was young (I think I was 12) and I had recently finished the amazing Around the World in Eighty Days, that may have been some influence.

Still, since so many years have passed, I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it, only that when I finished it I was very disappointed with the book and specially with the ending, and that it was boring for me and I forced myself to finish it

You might consider going back again.

Jules Verne isn't a fair measuring stick of literary awesomeness. He is, in a phrase, entirely too awesome.

Jane Eyre should be on the list eventually, if not #1. Best book on the list.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)