By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have the 100 Classic Books Collection for DS! What should I read first?

They do have Othello...

Around the Network
fkusumot said:

Alice in Wonderland.

I heard the book is a lot more fucked up than the movie was. Is it true? Also isn't Through the Looking Glass another Alice story? Is it a sequel or a prequel?

To everyone I appreciate all the suggestions, but I guess the problem is that since everyone is naming me a different book each time, it's like impossible to choose. Nintendo assembled a fantastic list of books huh? I wonder if the lineup is going to change when this comes to America. I will totally double dip.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Fernando said:
They do have Othello...

Holy crap, will u look at that.

Onyxmeth said:
fkusumot said:

Alice in Wonderland.

I heard the book is a lot more fucked up than the movie was. Is it true? Also isn't Through the Looking Glass another Alice story? Is it a sequel or a prequel?

To everyone I appreciate all the suggestions, but I guess the problem is that since everyone is naming me a different book each time, it's like impossible to choose. Nintendo assembled a fantastic list of books huh? I wonder if the lineup is going to change when this comes to America. I will totally double dip.

The Disney adaptation of Alice is about as faithful as it gets.

Which stories are in Tales of Mystery and Imagination?

Here are a few suggestions from that list:

A Tale of Two Cities

Treasure Island

The Call of the Wild

Ivanhoe

Wuthering Heights

Tess of the d'Urbervilles

The first four are all sort of adventureish, with Treasure Island being the easiest read, then Call of the Wild, then the Dickens. Ivanhoe can be a little difficult to get into, but it's an awesome adventure set in the time of Robin Hood.

Wuthering Heights & Tess are more romance oriented, perhaps, and also possibly tough reads. Heights has a dark, gothic sort of feel to it, and Tess... well, Hardy's one of my faves.

Looking at the list, though, it would be hard to go too far wrong.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
fkusumot said:

Alice in Wonderland.

Well, there are a full one hundred to choose from. Even enlisting a forum posse can't help you with a decision of that magnatude!

I hear the collection comes with extra storage for future free downloadable books, so you can enjoy even more indecision.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Onyxmeth said:
fkusumot said:

Alice in Wonderland.

Through the Looking Glass is the sequel.

Khuutra said:
Onyxmeth said:
fkusumot said:

Alice in Wonderland.

The Disney adaptation of Alice is about as faithful as it gets.

Which stories are in Tales of Mystery and Imagination?

Oh shit, thanks for the find. I was just silently bitching because I would have sworn Poe should have made the list and didn't see anything from him. Here's what's in the book. Scroll down to the table of contents page and you'll see. It's a pretty good collection of his. I'm very happy.

http://books.google.com/books?id=5HdlU4EcKWcC&dq=poe+tales+of+mystery+imagination+list&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPP12,M1

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Yes... there are already 10 extra games available to download via WiFi.

Oh in case anyone was on the fence about this, the presentation is fantastic and very easy to navigate. They give you some killer background music and noises themed after popular places to read. Park, Airport, Cafe, etc. and the sounds are very lifelike. It'll remember your place in every book you pick up. It gives you a quick bio of each author and a rundown of each book. I can't believe it took them this long to figure out to do this considering how many games used this orientation and it was dubbed "book form". I give this "game" my highest recommendation. I swear the Touch Generation series is the best idea Nintendo has ever come up with. I've loved every title from it I have played thus far.