By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official VGChartz Killzone 2 Clan

do we have any games tonight ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I think there's two unconfirmed challenges.

Also OCB ALL STARS sent us a challenge for 10:30 GMT+1 or something.

non-gravity said:

OCB challange was at 11:30 GMT+1 today so i changed it for tomorrow 11:00GMT+1, because we already challanged Merizone at 11:45 GMT+1. But so far no one has accepted yet.

IllegalPaladin said:

Finally! I have placed in the top 1% with about 6500 points.

As nice as it is to have it, I was getting a bit tired of playing bodycount games. While you can get a lot of points in a short time, I kind of prefer the variety of different missions in regular Warzone games.

Anyway, as far as the online front goes, I think I just need the melee medal and that covers all the trophies.

Congrats to the other members who received a valor award for this week.

you know, you don't have to bore yourself to tears with BC-only games. I too find BC boring as hell and not the way killzone was meant to be played so if you look at my mission stats, you'll find that I have fewer points in BC than much lower ranked players...so how'd I get so many points? Just look at my s n d and c n h ranks and you'll notice that I'm #7 and #29 respectively

Another thing you'd notice is that my pointage doesn't correlate with the number of games I've played (they seem really few). The key here is to focus on s n d (defend) and c n h and play LOOOOOG games (it's a no brainer that rockets and the g-launcher must be banned or you should just leave) i.e round should be at least 15 mins long and c n h should hopefully be set such that it takes time to capture an area.

With those in place, focus on killing people in green regions in c n h and s n d (defend) and you'll get 3 point/kill (4 pts with a HS). If your team manages to last through an aggresive 30 mins s n d (where the enemy is actually trying), the pointage possibility is much higher than BC alone because of the lack of "hunt" time and delay time when switching through BC-only games. c n h is a safer bet because people are much more guaranteed to be "trying" so you should always spawn where the action is. Dont worry too much about deaths..just focus on kill, kill, kill then in the slower games like BC, S n R, assn and even s n d (attack), you can go at a slower pace to recover your K/D if it is not to your liking. As you improve, you'll always kill tons of people before dying anyway so it won't be a problem. Of course, if your team is actually capable of victory, you should make sure they attain it as the 1.5 multiplier is probably more important than anything else. As a good tac, this should be easier for you since you have more contol over the chance of winning or losing.

For example, in my very last match (probably my last one till friday), I finished with 949 pts. I came late to the game with the assns already done and BC over half way done. It's quite obvious that BC made no serious contribution to my pointage. However, we successfuly defended an aggresive enemy for 30 mins during s n d so I made about 450 pts from that alone (c n h eventually took me to 600+). Overall the game was about 1 hour. It's not always possible to be this efficient at getting point playing BC-only. If you find it hard to take people down during s n d clusterfucks, just switch to the sta-3 and you should be able to take at least 1 person down before dying 90% of the time even by spraying and praying (it is just deadly up close and the spread becomes a blessing not a curse...you'll have to learn to use it right to maximize your potential though). I have to tell you that I've had a rare case where a fellow 3 star player bested me in s n d using an ISA rifle....it wasn't a clusterfuck though, enemies weren't coming but we were the only two players who stayed in the green zone while we got our kills (he cannibalized some of mine...arrrgh lol!). Others kept going off base. It amazes me how many people don't realize that objective kills net a lot more points than random ones. If you check the battle replay for my 949-pt game, you'll see that the next guy had around 370 and this is not rare. Sometimes I get the most points in a game when the opposing team wins.

@ Staude

Good video. I'm really not sure about anything till the new patch comes out though. We'll see how that changes strategies.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

shanbcn said:
non-gravity said:

OCB challange was at 11:30 GMT+1 today so i changed it for tomorrow 11:00GMT+1, because we already challanged Merizone at 11:45 GMT+1. But so far no one has accepted yet.

You could have kept it there. The other two won't accept anyway. And I was looking forward to playing them tonight.

Around the Network

I usually try to stay away from the S&D areas in long games. Sometimes it can become such a clusterfuck that the framerate gets choppy and the game gets a little glitchy. On Radec Academy for example, it was such a clusterfuck at the ISA S&D point that I was being killed by friendly grenades when friendly fire was off as well as being killed by grenades through the floor when I was underneath the S&D room.

IllegalPaladin said:
I usually try to stay away from the S&D areas in long games. Sometimes it can become such a clusterfuck that the framerate gets choppy and the game gets a little glitchy. On Radec Academy for example, it was such a clusterfuck at the ISA S&D point that I was being killed by friendly grenades when friendly fire was off as well as being killed by grenades through the floor when I was underneath the S&D room.

Strange...I don't find the framerate drops common at all but I do agree that ISA Radec S&D is the biggest of the clusterfucks (however, note that you can defend the bomb area especially, from outside the room). The HGH area isn't that bad and come to think of it, Corinth can be pretty bad too. Also, I've noticed that you only die from friendly grenades with FF off if the person is killed while charging them. This isn't exclusive to  clusterfucks. It just seems to be a universal kz2 glitch.

At the worst case scenario, join warzone games with 24 players max as opposed to 32. Also, "clusterfuckification" should be reduced when the no-invincibility-on-spawn arrives with the new patch!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

non-gravity said:
shanbcn said:
non-gravity said:

You could have kept it there. The other two won't accept anyway. And I was looking forward to playing them tonight.

I didn't want to take chances, anyway if no one accepts then i will sign couple of tourneys.

shanbcn said:
non-gravity said:
shanbcn said:
non-gravity said:

I didn't want to take chances, anyway if no one accepts then i will sign couple of tourneys.

At least don't plan them during the Microsoft press conference, which starts at 19:25 GMT+1. I don't have any idea how long it will take though.

when is the sony conference gmt+1 ?

Check out my game about moles ^