By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does the conduit look so bad?

NJ5 - Nice call on the frame-rate factor, which I'm a stickler for. I think I have to concede on this one....

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

There still time to go, and i think the Conduit looks great when we talk about tech, it's just need some artwork. It will get better
And also, Zelda Twilight Princess [And its a GC game!], MP3: C, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii look better than an Xbox game, not just Super Mario Galaxy.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

ZaP~ said:
There still time to go, and i think the Conduit looks great when we talk about tech, it's just need some artwork. It will get better
And also, Zelda Twilight Princess [And its a GC game!], MP3: C, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii look better than an Xbox game, not just Super Mario Galaxy.

Erm...

For those wondering why Wii (most Nintendo consoles for that matter) look rather poor in screen shots versus actual in game motion, it has to do with the image capture system Nintendo employs in their SDK's.

MS uses their proprietary image format - .bmp.
Nintendo uses a heavily compressed .jpg format.

I'm not sure what Sony uses but it's likely to be .bmp as well.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Saying that a Wii has the same or slightly better graphics than the XBOX is laughable. The GameCube can produce better graphics than the XBOX if used correctly. Just look at RE4. People tend to look at misleading specifications when it came to the XBOX vs GC debate and then ignore the reality. That is what they do with the Wii also. The Wii is a few times more powerfull than an XBOX graphically speaking.

Around the Network

WAIT TILL THE GAME IS OUT BEFORE YOU SAY THE GAME DOES NOT LOOK THAT GOOD OR IT LOOK AMAZING!!!
I mean you can't look at screen shots and say o this games could look much better. You have to wait and see what it looks like in person. The screen shots could be altered or could be a little old. So just wait before you all make rash decisions.

COKTOE said:
chasmatic12 - I've never played SMG honestly, and it does look great, but it's debatable that it looks better than a top-teir XB1 game. I'm a huge Nintendo fan too, so I've no axe to grind. Loving the DS/DS lite. But the Wii has the dubious distinction of being the only Nintendo system I've never owned. I'm sure it's good and all, but not their best system IMO.

SMG and MP3 have pretty well been held up as games that hold up against 360 games. I'm not into reviews, but check metacritic and read the reviews.

There is no debate.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Wow guess the little PS360 fanboys who love FPS is starting to get a bit scared that FPS can be successful on Wii.

As said before Graphics isn't everything.

Hell I wouldn't care if it had Goldeneye 64 Graphics as long as they use M+ controls.

Hey I might aswell start my own topic now about PS360 FPS shooters:

Why do PS360 FPS look so great but why are they still so damn laggy and way too short?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Just saw the comparison with Halo1. I dont think i'll even rent the conduit. After games like COD4, resistance2, farcry2 (which i play now) and soon Killzone2, the conduit will look and feel really old..

But i own both PS3 and Wii, for wii-only owners i guess is passable

why the comparision of Halo and not Halo 2 ?