By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake will be HUGE!

Not even the analysts predicted the RDR effect so the first week is understandably way off. It will still hit a million this year and the 2m I was expecting LT. I personally feel the reviews were skewed by expectatons built up during the long dev time, pc owners disappointment and the usual anti-M$ bias. They won't stop many 360 owners from giving it a try.

Will we be trashing every PSWii exclusive that doesn't sell 500k first week by resurrecting their old threads? It's only fair. Or equally unfair.

Perhaps they are not the same people but some fans will trash Reach for not deserving it's sales while others use relatively low sales for ME2 and AW as 'proof' of lack of quality and confirmation of their favourite console's superior library. All's fair in the console war.

Around the Network

Well if it only cost $9+ millionish to make they hardly have to sell more then one million copies to break even I'm assuming.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Well if it only cost $9+ millionish to make they hardly have to sell more then one million copies to break even I'm assuming.

9 million for something that was in development for what... five years?  Seems a bit low.

Alan Wake, I bought it, and its the worst game I have ever waisted my money on. The graphics do not look like those pics, 360 version looks nothing like PC version, I had very high hopes for the game, its boaring and so repedative, I can not believe it was in development for 6 years. It had such high hopes, all you do is use your flashlight to burn the darkness off of 1 enemy , all enemies look the same, then shot them, also look for book pages, and coffee containers, man I am so Disappointed . This game will never even hit 1 million in sales lifetime, never.

Recon1O1 said:
Not even the analysts predicted the RDR effect so the first week is understandably way off. It will still hit a million this year and the 2m I was expecting LT. I personally feel the reviews were skewed by expectatons built up during the long dev time, pc owners disappointment and the usual anti-M$ bias. They won't stop many 360 owners from giving it a try.

Around the Network

lol ouch :D I haven't seen this thread before for some reason :S but yea ouch

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Recon1O1 said:

Will we be trashing every PSWii exclusive that doesn't sell 500k first week by resurrecting their old threads? It's only fair. Or equally unfair.

Perhaps they are not the same people but some fans will trash Reach for not deserving it's sales while others use relatively low sales for ME2 and AW as 'proof' of lack of quality and confirmation of their favourite console's superior library. All's fair in the console war.

It may hit 1mil this year, however thats unlikely, but even without RDR this game wouldnt have sold 0.5-1.0 mil in the first week. i personally think AW looked fantastic definitly GOTY material, but that kind of game dosent seem to sell well on the 360 sadly; the 360 mass market just dont seem to be interested in stuff like that.

Even though ME2 and AW have had lower sales than the general 360 shooter, as a PS3 user even i can see that those games look fantasic, and its not a lack of quality. those games deserve great sales, and i think they're on the wrong console.

Legend11 said:

What's the point in bringing back this thread after 4 months?  Alan Wake's sales have been discussed to death in the Sales Forum and is still being discussed there.

Somebody's butt hurts!

This thread is sixteen months old.

I'm buying a game today. Can't decide between Mario Galaxy 2, Alan Wake, or Splinter Cell Conviction. Guess I'll decide when I get to the store.

Damn, i forgot about this thread.

@yinkadare

Why did you  bump this thread?