By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 interesting Predictions for Nintendo Wii in 2009!

coolestguyever said:
tehsage said:
Wat? They said storytelling was a key component in an FPS? Halo had a great story! Call of Duty had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!

T_T;

The only FPS to ever contain a great story was Half-Life 2.

FPS's are about the great gameplay and intense action, not story.

Those predictions are okay I guess. I think the wii will sell less in 2009 than 2008. I think 2008 was the peak year. There really aren't any amazing games for wii in 2009. Yeah I know the conduit and wii sports resort, etc etc. But things like "Kid Icarus" and "Next Zelda game" are speculation only.

Wow, saying the op predictions are okay then blurting out a crap predection is pretty bad.  How the hell is the Wii going to sell less?  They finally increased their production per month and the Wii is still selling like crazy.  Looks like you need to go back to the prediction drawing board.

Around the Network

@ thecoolestguyever,

there probably won't be anything as big as ssbb, mkwii, or wiifit, but the overall games selection for 2009 is gonna be way way better than 2008. also it'll be the wii's third year with production ramped up again, wii will definitely sell more this year i think. no way wii's second year is gonna be its peak year. at the very least it'll sell slightly higher than 2008.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

with an improved online, release of some good core games...2009 is officialy year of the Wii!

deathgod33 said:
with an improved online, release of some good core games...2009 is officialy year of the Wii!

3 years running, not bad.

No love for the Conduit? Shame.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

I'm rooting for Ubisoft

They made my favorite games of last generation (splinter cell)

And this generations guilty pleasure (rainbow 6 vegas)

A GOOD splinter cell on wii could be incredible.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889