By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - many details

- contains more lines of code than GTA: San Andreas
- Huang Lee’s PDA acts much like the cell phone from GTA IV
- access Ammu-nation through the PDA
- Ammu-nation is now an online store that delivers weapons to your safehouse
- earn trophies that will be displayed in your safehouse
- your safehouse features a whiteboard full of contacts. Touch photos to access missions you’ve received
- view online leaderboards through whiteboard
- select weapons via PDA screen
- action pauses once you tap touch screen
- tracer lines for fire are over-exaggerated to give you a better idea of how weapons fire
- touch grenade/molotov icon to activate a toss. The icon will turn into a target circle, and you’ll drag a line in the direction you want to throw. Trajectory is displayed on the top screen
- assemble a sniper rifle via the touch screen
- safe cracking uses audio hints as you turn the dial
- slide a screwdriver into the ignition to steal cars
- flip coins into toll booths
- dig through garbage for items

Full preview here

Around the Network

Impressive....most impressive.

lol. Some of that stuff sounds so pointless. Like digging through the garbage for weapons and flipping coins into a toll booth. Then again, that many interactive items is what GTA is known for. I will still be getting this game.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

hmmm, I find nothing impressive at all, well see how good it is when it's released.

i dont trust anything you say jake_the_fake1 ;)

Around the Network
11ht11 said:

it is my own personal opinion so take it as you will.

I've always liked the top down GTA games MUCH more then 3D titles, the PS1/PC titles were just the start then it expanded a bit to me on the GBA (even though sales didn't reflect it) and then this game looks really interesting, a great game for those bus/subway rides or just waiting for a friend somewhere, very casual friendly title like most GTA games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

jake_the_fake1 said:
hmmm, I find nothing impressive at all, well see how good it is when it's released.

I find the fact that a DS game has more lines of code than a massive PS2 game extremely impressive.

jake_the_fake1 said:
11ht11 said:

it is my own personal opinion so take it as you will.

It's not a good opinion when you've shown nothing by anti-Nintendo bias. Now get out before we start reporting you for trolling.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

i hope we get some footage soon