By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Muramasa: The Demon Blade new scans!!

outlawauron said:
I hope this lives up to Odin Sphere! And I hope we get word soon about the controls.....

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muramasa:_The_Demon_Blade

The game is said to have two different methods of control, one for casual players that will presumably involve the Wii Remote, and another for more experienced players who'd prefer a more precise method using the Classic Controller.[1] The Classic Controller's layout have the "A" and "B" buttons for attacking, while "X" is for items. The control stick is for moving right, left and jumping. The left shoulder button switches between two swords; a smaller, quicker blade with low damage, and a larger, slower sword for higher damage. Overuse of a sword can cause it to break, and another must be used.[2]

Graphically the game is similar to Odin Sphere, retaining the same hand-drawn 2D art style, though inspiration will this time be drawn from Japanese mythology and culture rather than Norse mythology.[3]

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Around the Network
J-Favs said:
outlawauron said:
I hope this lives up to Odin Sphere! And I hope we get word soon about the controls.....

The game is said to have two different methods of control, one for casual players that will presumably involve the Wii Remote, and another for more experienced players who'd prefer a more precise method using the Classic Controller.[1] The Classic Controller's layout have the "A" and "B" buttons for attacking, while "X" is for items. The control stick is for moving right, left and jumping. The left shoulder button switches between two swords; a smaller, quicker blade with low damage, and a larger, slower sword for higher damage. Overuse of a sword can cause it to break, and another must be used.[2]

Graphically the game is similar to Odin Sphere, retaining the same hand-drawn 2D art style, though inspiration will this time be drawn from Japanese mythology and culture rather than Norse mythology.[3]

I hope this doesn't mean I'd need to buy a classic controller just to play the game to its fullest. The Wiimote / nunchuck offer more than enough buttons, and far more people use it.

OT: Nothing new. Game looks amazing, waiting for it to come out, etc...

Galaki said:
Boobies!
Foxy!
Boobies!

Seriously... do all the female enemies really have to have D or better?

I agree that I tire of the huge boobie trip that most games and anime seem to fall victim to anymore. Don't get me wrong, I am a guy and I love em... but lets have some variety with our gaming/anime women ;)

At least Momohime (main kunoichi) looks good without resorting to the double Ds

Oh and I honestly was drooling over the graphics, I love the old school hand drawn art styles!
I am so glad this one is getting localized although there are others that are still unknown
(like Ougon no Kizuna and Fragile to name 2 off the top of my head, email XSEED and other publishers that are known to localize japanese games for US and EU)

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

I do want this game

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network
J-Favs said:
outlawauron said:

Oh man. I guess I'll have to buy a classic controller......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I sell my Wii and a year later there seem to be quite a few interesting RPGs coming out on it.

I really should have listened when I was told that I would regret it.

The game looks amazing.

Looks good. I don't play many side scrollers, but this looks nice.