By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NON Biased, NON Fanboy, PS360 Owners answer me this ..

seece said:
psrock said:
It's funny you exclude wii fanboys like they are any better.

Each consoles have their own fanboys who act like they shareholders of the company. They take anything people say about their console way too seriously.

All Fanboys are entertaining idiots, I know that.

But Nintendo fanboys don't seem that awful to me ... they certainly don't seem to be at the same level as PS360.

But I will change the opening post :)

Most Nintendo fanboys here are complete elistists. They elevate themselves because they don't like the brown, black, and grey violent HD games. blah blah, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The only reason there is so much fighting going on is the fear of losing developer support, if 360 pulls two far ahead ps3 might lose developer support, same goes for 360 if ps3 start pulling ahead, most gamers dont want to spend another 300- 400 dollars for another system, gamers would rather spend that money on games and accessories for the system they already have, the Wii doesnt matter because even though its winning game developers still arent making many good games for the Wii, because a regular controller is better suited for most games than the wiimote and nunchuck, I think thats the reason, maybe with a better motion controller on the Wii 2 will make developers support nintendo more, time will tell.

The only reason there is so much fighting going on is the fear of losing developer support, if 360 pulls too far ahead ps3 might lose developer support, same goes for 360 if ps3 start pulling ahead, most gamers dont want to spend another 300- 400 dollars for another system, gamers would rather spend that money on games and accessories for the system they already have, the Wii doesnt matter because even though its winning game developers still arent making many good games for the Wii, because a regular controller is better suited for most games than the wiimote and nunchuck, I think thats the reason, maybe with a better motion controller on the Wii 2 will make developers support nintendo more, time will tell.

The_God_of_War said:
360 fanboys are more guilty of attacking the opposing console, they seem the most aggressive and douche-bagginess. While PS3 fanboys are more guilty of constantly bragging about their console and it's future games.

I'd probably say 360 fanboys are the wost overall taking into account all of the "PS3 has no games, it'll be discontinued, it won't sell 6 million by the end of the year, blah blah, blah" crap from back in 2007. But here in 2009, they're both as bad as each other.

Does someone find this surprising coming from someone with a Sony exec as avatar, Sony franchise as nickname and a sig with KZ2 and making fun of Bill Gates?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I would say this fanboy thing which has gotten so popular lately is equally annoying, no matter what company the person is advocating. It's never a good thing when being irrational and annoying are in style, and unfortunately I think it's so in style right now that little kids who would otherwise be significantly less of a hassle are currently flooding forums all around the internet.

However, as someone pretty new to the forums and game forums in general, I've noticed a few specific things that PS fans do differently from MS fans, and vice versa.

Amongst the PS fans are a large number of people who have the verbal aptitude of an eight year old. And the tantrums they throw! Sometimes it's hard to tell whether someone is doing a parody or actually is a perfect fanboy specimen. A lot of exchanges between PS and MS fans read like a couple of big brothers teasing their little brother until he can't take it any more. Whether these Playstation fans actually are eight years olds or are just reduced to pre-adolescence by the performance of their video game console in the world market, I leave to others to decide.

The MS fans are more of an enigma to me. There seem to be two predominant groups: the rational teenager-adults, and the people who think l33t speak, or the way you talk to someone after you frag them, is the highest form of debate.

Here's what I don't get about some MS fans, though: Why would anyone want the Playstation to die so much? (This goes for anyone wanting any console to die, by the way.) I can understand wanting games like GTA and Final Fantasy to be multiplatform, saves you a couple hundred bucks maybe, but what's with the passionately wanting one of the console choices to cease its existence? As a gamer for almost twenty years, my main observation about the current state of the video/computer game industry is this:

You don't get a better situation than 3 consoles, 2-3 handhelds, and a pretty good pc gaming market all at the same time. In fact, pretty much all of the impressive steps forward in this generation can be attributed someone competing with someone else.

Microsoft started live to distinguish themselves from Playstation. Everybody else had to catch up, and they did, in their own way. PS online is free and almost as good as live because of the same competition. I seriously doubt MS would have agreed to meet with JRPG developers, let alone courted them for their games, if not for the same competition.

I can't imagine how bad it would be for the game industry for Sony to decide against a Playstation 4. With no competition, Live would keep getting more tiered and more expensive every time MS added a new feature, like a landlord raising the rent when they fix a leak. Knowing that MS is the biggest monopolization offender of the past few decades isn't much comfort, either.

Besides that, being in third place has been good for the Playstation. The games being produced by Sony of the past year and those headed in next year seem stronger than any group of games they've ever produced before -- I'm more stoked for them than I am for Nintendo's games, and that's definitely never happened before. They seem to be putting a lot of money into game development, and furthermore picking the right developers even in the case of unknowns like Media Molecule and Guerilla Games. To me, that's money in the right place, and I hope it continues.

Hoping for the Playstation to fail isn't fanboyism I guess, it's just idiocy.

That's what confuses me about MS fans -- they often seem to be adults who are passionate about gaming.   But if you like games, you couldn't do worse than help to destroy the PS, no matter how much MS, I am sure, appreciates your enthusiasm.

Alic

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
seece said:
psrock said:

Each consoles have their own fanboys who act like they shareholders of the company. They take anything people say about their console way too seriously.

But Nintendo fanboys don't seem that awful to me ... they certainly don't seem to be at the same level as PS360.

Most Nintendo fanboys here are complete elistists. They elevate themselves because they don't like the brown, black, and grey violent HD games. blah blah, etc.

Ok ill tell you something that might shock you. Every BOTY game award, every journalist, every major gaming website and even every major piece of marketing in the past year has been PS360 biased.

There is no elevation, what there is is an open appreciation for the Wii that is less biased by preconceived notions that PS360 is always better.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@Alic

Your post is full of win as far as I´m concerned.

megaman79 said:
outlawauron said:
seece said:
psrock said:

Ok ill tell you something that might shock you. Every BOTY game award, every journalist, every major gaming website and even every major piece of marketing in the past year has been PS360 biased.

There is no elevation, what there is is an open appreciation for the Wii that is less biased by preconceived notions that PS360 is always better.

More conspiracy theories. Wii games did get their due, but it's like the apocalyspe the even consider that maybe the PS3 and 360 had better games this year. Maybe that might be a strecth. But oh well. Outside of the odd review, I think they've not been pick on the Wii biased.

Some places are just idiotic (like GI) but most are not out to get the Wii.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NJ5 said:
The_God_of_War said:
360 fanboys are more guilty of attacking the opposing console, they seem the most aggressive and douche-bagginess. While PS3 fanboys are more guilty of constantly bragging about their console and it's future games.

I'd probably say 360 fanboys are the wost overall taking into account all of the "PS3 has no games, it'll be discontinued, it won't sell 6 million by the end of the year, blah blah, blah" crap from back in 2007. But here in 2009, they're both as bad as each other.

Does someone find this surprising coming from someone with a Sony exec as avatar, Sony franchise as nickname and a sig with KZ2 and making fun of Bill Gates?

Well.........touché.

But to be fair, the point of the avatar was to make fun of Ken Kutaragi.

360 fans, for example before mgs4 came out they was like oh whatever we dont want this game, THEN WHEN THE RUMOR for mgs4 for 360 they was like yeah i want this game