By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo wtf were you thinking ?

The Wii remote is pretty comfortable to me.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I love using the wimmote sideways (ala Radiant Dawn).

I felt I had full control of everything, and I could hold it in any position I want. I could even play with one hand, while doing something with the other.

Overall, I loved that.

I really like everything about the Wiimote but the IR pointer.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

I love using the wimmote sideways

THIS.

I love playing Mega Man 9, and NES games on the VC with the Wiimote sideways. Though i hate motion motion controls for pointing and waggling.

Ari_Gold said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

I love using the wimmote sideways

THIS.

I love playing Mega Man 9, and NES games on the VC with the Wiimote sideways. Though i hate motion motion controls for pointing and waggling.

I like using motion controls for "crappy, in-responsable controls". If the movement is vague, like in Twilight Princess or SMG, I like it. If it is a bit more like that (like in Okami or Zack & Wiki) I dislike it.

I dislike using the pointer as well. In most games at least, the painting is decent in Okami (but I'd like an option to use analog). Boom Blox has horrible IR pointing functions though...

One  of my bigggggest pro for the Wiimote is how easy you hold it (even with Nun-chuck). You can have it in any position really (with the 15 button controllers like the Wavebird or classic controller, you can't).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

A good dose of Nintendo Thumb toughens you up. Just keep playing and your blisters will turn into calluses.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I've never had any problems playing with the remote sideways, and I played through all of Wario Land: Shake It! (even got 100% treasures and 98% or 99% missions).

Maybe I'm just hardened.

FaithRaven said:

Wiimote is awesome. I loved playing MP3, Zelda TP and many other games with it. But using it as a classic controller is dumb. Damn dumb. I just got Wario Land. Such an awesome game, i'd play it all day long. But thanks to the developers making me use the Wiimote as a classic controller my thumb starts hurting like hell after 15 minutes of playing. Thats just stupid.

People complain that every game has 'gimmicky waggle controls'.  So they're making other games with other types of control schemes.  Including games with a 'classic' control scheme mimicking the NES controller.  But wait!  Nintendo originally planned this into the Wii design.  As they announced it with the Wii's Launch.  And pretty much every Intelligent Systems game has featured this controller style (except WarioWare).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

The N64 controller used to give me blisters by just using the analogue stick for long periods of time as a kid.

How fragile your dainty fingers must be haha. Nah seriously I'm sure they don't feel good on a lot of people but I wouldn't know because baseball made my fingers pretty rugged.

Lurker said:
The N64 controller used to give me blisters by just using the analogue stick for long periods of time as a kid.

lol, that happened the day i got mario kart 64, after playing it for like...10 hours straight >.<

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k