By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 worth it now or wait? (for me that is)

mitsuhide said:
stonj said:
mitsuhide said:
stonj said:
mitsuhide said:
@stonj:
Reason for LAIR's bad review:
http://gamers-creed.com/?p=324

GOOD
They said motion control was cool.
The ground combat was well done.
No mention of frame rate indicating it was stable.
They liked the epic scope of the game.

BAD
They thought the dragon was a re- skinned x-wing
The dragon shooting fireballs was odd and wasn’t realistic enough
The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said “its High Def” and he didn’t like the colors used,everything was brown and Grey.
They didn’t like the art style and said the game lacked innovation.

Thats why LAIR got a bad review!!

Heavenly Sword has had a 10/10 from Play magazine and 9/10 from a Polish gaming magazine and LAIR got a 9/10 from Play magazine and 3.8/5 from gamepro.

hahha play mag hahaha thats owned by sony ofcourse they would give it a good review they would be even more stupid then normal if they didnt

erm....no its not its owned by Fusion Publishing Inc.

well here in the UK Play mag is a sony mag (play, playstation)

Well here in the UK Play mag isnt the Sony mag the Sony mag is Playstation Magazine and Fusion Publishing Inc. is an independent publisher not owned by anyone.

You guys want to warn him because he thought a magazine was owned by sony? Shall i go into the history and quote some of the garbage you guys posted? Heck every post from that ssj guy is a fanboyish post but i guess thats ok since he is on your side on this one.

Anyway, Id would say wait until the games you want are out. What if they flop? What if they are ported? What if they are delayed? To me thats too many what ifs and frankly believing anyones opinion about how good games might be when they are released is bad advice. Just wait. The PS will have to drop their pricing come the holidays or Sony might as well pack their bags now. You can also bet that there will be other offers and specials especially if they remain in competition after these holidays. All 3 consoles have a lot of good games to offer this year so you will probably have plenty to do well into next year.

Around the Network
WiteoutKing said:
Why should he buy it now if he has nothing he wants to play on it yet? It doesn't make any sense, windbane. I'm not saying "NEVER buy it, MUA HA HA", just "Wait until a game that interests you gets released."

Cause the deal may not be as good when he does get it. Of course the Warranty will have lost time without it being taken out of the box or used much.  But compared to a 100 dollars it'd probably be worth it if the pricecuts don't go as planned.

Also, where do you live that you can take in movies without a receit to a store you didn't purchase them in and get store credit for them?  The Wal-marts, targets, bestbuys etc around me wouldn't let you get away with that.

If the pricecuts didn't go as expected in March you might be able to pick up a used PS3 for 499 or under.  The gamestops by me have a few.  I was considering asking about the price but figured whatever it was i could probably get in March or so for the same price.

What do gamestops charge for used PS3's now anyway?

WiteoutKing said:
Why should he buy it now if he has nothing he wants to play on it yet? It doesn't make any sense, windbane. I'm not saying "NEVER buy it, MUA HA HA", just "Wait until a game that interests you gets released."

If he's not interesting in any games maybe he shouldn't start these stupid threads.  No one actually cares if one person gets a system.

However, there is no point in waiting for the console to drop in price to match the current offer you can already take advantage of.  He might have to wait until nxt Christmas to get it at the price he can right now if you include selling back the blu-ray discs (or possibly without including those).

If you can get it for the same price now or 6 months from now, and 6 months from now there will be plenty of games you like, why not just get it now if you can?  That way you know for sure you are getting a good deal.

Besides that logical point, you'd be hard-pressed to not like any PS3 games right now, especially with PSN, unless you only like RPGs or some nitch genre that isn't here yet.  Folklore should be a great RPG, though. 

windbane said:
WiteoutKing said:

If he's not interesting in any games maybe he shouldn't start these stupid threads. No one actually cares if one person gets a system.

However, there is no point in waiting for the console to drop in price to match the current offer you can already take advantage of. He might have to wait until nxt Christmas to get it at the price he can right now if you include selling back the blu-ray discs (or possibly without including those).

If you can get it for the same price now or 6 months from now, and 6 months from now there will be plenty of games you like, why not just get it now if you can? That way you know for sure you are getting a good deal.

Besides that logical point, you'd be hard-pressed to not like any PS3 games right now, especially with PSN, unless you only like RPGs or some nitch genre that isn't here yet. Folklore should be a great RPG, though.

Nice, windbane. Way to come in and make a worthless addition. I really want a PS3 but was trying to decide to either get one now or wait until March in hopes that there is an equivalent or better deal -- maybe a pack-in. Frankly your post is just inflammatory and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. I'd be hard-pressed to not like any games right now? Remember I already have quite a bit of hardware so this is an add-on, not an "only". I still need an HDTV set to take advantage of blue-ray and HD gaming in all its glory.

All that said, I appreciate everyone's input and I'm no closer to a decision than I was on friday other than I'm leaning toward trying to find a good deal on a 37 or 42" LCD during "black friday" this year and getting the PS3 this coming spring. I'm thinking that maybe Sony and MS will reach pricing bottoms for a while and instead pack games and controllers in as a special to add more "value" to the price. 80 gig PS3, two controllers, Motorstorm pack-in FTW, lol. That would be a sweet deal.

*Edit* -- this little piece of news has made me decide to wait.  I pretty much assumed HD DVD was dead and was ready to hand Blu-Ray FTW, but this little announcement has made me want to sit and wait out the holidays to see how it plays out.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070820/aqm122.html?.v=16 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.