By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

I just got this. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

hey guys and gals,

I'm debating if I should get Killzone 2.
I'm not a big fan of online playing on consoles.
So is KZ2 worth getting just for the single player experience?

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Onyxmeth said:

YOU EDITED, but yes it's under options, controls >_>

Jo21 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Yeah, I edited because I found it. I just didn't catch that Alternate 2 kinda stealth switched it. It's all good now and controls like an actual FPS now. Now that I switched it, I'm actually pretty decent at the game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Jo21 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Yeah, I edited because I found it. I just didn't catch that Alternate 2 kinda stealth switched it. It's all good now and controls like an actual FPS now. Now that I switched it, I'm actually pretty decent at the game.

I like standard 1.

Around the Network

Any tips on Saboteur class ? I'm loving it so far, but k/d ratio is about 1:1 when I use it (as opposed to 1.25:1 when I'm not). Any tips on how to get better ? Also, which weapon should I use with it ?

I need 5 more ribbons to unlock those landmines, how are they ?

BxN said:
Any tips on Saboteur class ? I'm loving it so far, but k/d ratio is about 1:1 when I use it (as opposed to 1.25:1 when I'm not). Any tips on how to get better ? Also, which weapon should I use with it ?

you are going to love the proxmity mines..  you can deploy 3 mines max.. until one of them blows up. or is blown up by a grenade

they are great for securing your position during capture and hold.or just mining certain chokepoints backways to your base.. where you just know that eventually some bugger willy try to get through..   so its a good way to counter enemy saboteurs.. snipers and lone wolfs trying to sneak to your base

as for the kill ratio.. i have the same problem.. i just suck at aiming with the smg so i may take someone with me before i die and thats it... so try the semi auto rifle instead.. the accuracy and damage make it a good replacement for the isa rifle on long range . two shots will pretty much kill anything just dont try to use it in close range combat unless you are really good at aiming

or you could just pick up a standard weapon which makes it also easier for you to go unoticed.. since anything with a smg is suspisous.. but its enough to fool most engineers or medics

anyway have fun

terislb said:
BxN said:

you are going to love the proxmity mines..  you can deploy 3 mines max.. until one of them blows up. or is blown up by a grenade

they are great for securing your position during capture and hold.or just mining certain chokepoints backways to your base.. where you just know that eventually some bugger willy try to get through..   so its a good way to counter enemy saboteurs.. snipers and lone wolfs trying to sneak to your base

as for the kill ratio.. i have the same problem.. i just suck at aiming with the smg so i may take someone with me before i die and thats it... so try the semi auto rifle instead.. the accuracy and damage make it a good replacement for the isa rifle on long range . two shots will pretty much kill anything just dont try to use it in close range combat unless you are really good at aiming

or you could just pick up a standard weapon which makes it also easier for you to go unoticed.. since anything with a smg is suspisous.. but its enough to fool most engineers or medics

anyway have fun

I actually like the SMG, it has such a high rate of fire and a headshot is an instant kill, so aim just below their head and let fly.  The saboteur is good, but you have to use his disguise ability wisely.  Running head on into a group of enemies is suspicious, so start thinking about coming in from the side and getting behind them.  You can take out a few pretty easily.  You can also attach c4 to enemies.

Epoch said:
terislb said:
BxN said:

you are going to love the proxmity mines.. you can deploy 3 mines max.. until one of them blows up. or is blown up by a grenade

they are great for securing your position during capture and hold.or just mining certain chokepoints backways to your base.. where you just know that eventually some bugger willy try to get through.. so its a good way to counter enemy saboteurs.. snipers and lone wolfs trying to sneak to your base

anyway have fun

I actually like the SMG, it has such a high rate of fire and a headshot is an instant kill, so aim just below their head and let fly. The saboteur is good, but you have to use his disguise ability wisely. Running head on into a group of enemies is suspicious, so start thinking about coming in from the side and getting behind them. You can take out a few pretty easily. You can also attach c4 to enemies.

True, but when you throw C4 you show up on radar.  Also, it takes 2 C4 to kill all classes except assault (those take 3).  In the beta it only took 1 C4, but they went away when you died so I suppose that evens out a little.

I like the rifle, but I'm trying to get better with the SMG in case I have to pick one up and use it.

IMO K2 is the best online shooter I've yet played this gen. Even when I was total crap - I'm currently just plain crap, I couldn't leave it.

Well done GG and Sony. I hope the sales push on and it sells well enough for them to make a tidy profit.