By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My Bloody Valentine 3-D

Pika Bomb!

Do the Pikachu Rap!

Pika to the Pi, To The Pi-Pi Pika, Hes a bad yellow pokemon, shoves thunder in your ass, go Pika, go Pika, PIKACHU!

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Moongoddess256 said:
Most of my non essential expenditures go to music. I buy a game once in a while, but usually I just borrow them from friends. And unlike most chicks, I don't buy much for clothes. I only buy clothes when I need something specific for an event of some sort or when I see something really cool (like today I bought a shirt with these happy tools on it... I got such a good laugh when I saw it - its a little odd seeing a saw blade with a happy rosy-cheeked face.)

As for law school, yeah ouch. Towards the end of high school I was thinking I would love that. Then I thought about it and I realized there was no way in hell I could handle 8 years of additional school with such a heavy workload.

I mean its interesting stuff and I certainly feel like I am getting my money's worth (which I guess doesn't mean much, since they are paying for it, I guess I mean my "time's worth"). The only downside is its even worse than a full-time job.

I more or less knew what I was getting myself into, so whatever. There are very few jobs that pay well that don't require you to work your ass off. Even when I start making a good salary I still won't spend money on music. Its ingrained in my DNA by this point. I just can't bring myself to do it unless it is an obscure CD by an independent or struggling band.

oh yeah, I don't really listen to any bands that are on major labels. Its not really intentional, just an interest in genres that don't fit in the mainstream - with the additional benefit of not supporting the major labels who have done a pretty good job of making me disgusted with them over the years.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I mean major labels serve their purpose. It really is hard for an artist to break into the mainstream without one. But they are certainly the scum of the earth and usually do everything they can to stifle creativity. At least they have a lot of talented producers working for them and a lot of resources at their disposal.

I'm all over the map in what I listen to. I've got a larger music collection than a human being should possibly have. The stuff I listen to ranges from Daft Punk to Marilyn Manson to Hillary Duff (yes, I listen to Hillary Duff, only her new album though which is amazing. Her first two albums are garbage) with all kinds of artists in between. I'd say I have a healthy balance between "mainstream" music and "independent" music, although those lines have become increasingly blurred recently.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Ill g C it probably next Fri though i like less packed theaters has any one seen the original 80's one though i can find it to rent anywhere

Movie should of came out in Oct. or closer to V-day though

Play Me