By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this a good deal for a Wii?

Well, he's bringing the Wii over tomorrow, so I'll be able to see if I want it or not. The only thing that turns me away from this deal is the Metroid, RE4, and Madden, as these are all games that I do not want. I kinda feel like I'm paying alot of money just for the Wii and Paper Mario, but I guess I can just trade those other games in. Right now there's a 75% chance I'm going to by it, considering that the Wii has alot of games I want. For example: Metal Slug, Dragon Ball Z, Paper Mario, Zelda, and Sonic. The cool thing is the Wii's games are really cheap! I'll probably buy it and just trade in every but Paper Mario and start my own collection.

Around the Network
Just_Ben said:
Just make a list and add the values the item have for you (used) up:

ItemOriginal Price My Value
Wii250
Second Controller
Paper Mario
RE430 10
Madden 08
Metriod50

That would make $320. Ignore Ebay and such thing. Just think about how much you would pay for each item separately (used) add that up, and subtract some $ because you buy it as package. Or do you think about selling them over Ebay?

Just wait 4 hours and look at those 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GENTLY-USED-NINTENDO-WII_W0QQitemZ170138804616QQihZ007QQcategoryZ147176QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-WII-Slightly-Used-Sport-Package-5-Game_W0QQitemZ110158180020QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is precisely what you should do.  If you don't like the games then I'd say pass.  I paid 394 for a similar setup but it had redsteel (i loved the game), twilight princess, godfather blackhand, mario party 8, wii play with remote and a seccond nunchuck.  Since the Wii is absolutely impossible in my area, I valued the Wii at retail plus tax and the games at what I perceived them at.  I feel like I got a pretty good deal and now I'm playing instead of searching.  That last sentence there is the most important part... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

That's a steal, imo you should sell me prime 3 new for 30 bucks. :D

我是广州人

Great deal, but give RE4 a chance if you had not played it before. It is a great game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I think it's a good deal. $100 over retail for an extra remote & 4 rather worthwhile games, one of them brand new. It's saving you $120 if you were to buy all of that brand new and aside from Madden 08, I'd recommend all those games. Though Madden does seem like it should be a fun game for the Wii with the exclusive content it has.
In the end it's really just a matter of whether you actually want the Wii or are just thinking about it because it seems like a good deal. If you don't really care about any upcoming Wii games, I would pass. Or sell them on ebay to make some money. You could bring Metroid Prime untouched for $50 to Walmart or return to EB/GS if he gives you the receipt and buy a game you really want.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Not a great deal, but not bad either. If you wanted more of the games then it would be great.

By two controllers, do each controllers have a numchuck. (First should, it's another $20 value for the second).

Even if you don't generally like FPS, RE4 is one of the easier, mini adventure better story lines then most.

its an ok deal, considering metroid is gna be a brand new game... has he got any games downloaded 2 da wii...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@Just_ben your new prices are a little off. the Controller is 60 new, as he probably means both wiimote+nunchuk, MP3's 'my value' should be for a new game still. As he said it was a fully paid off pre-order.

OT - yes definitely do it if you want a Wii. It is a great deal with some really good games. Even used Wii's are going for retail price still on Ebay.

Do it

Both controllers have the analog thingy. No, he doesn't have any downloaded stuff. I want a Wii pretty badly right now. It's just that 350 is pretty steep, considering that I only want 1 of the games. I'm going to wait until he brings it over. I might end up wanting to play some of the other games outside Paper Mario.