By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [Blog Article] Is Sony too artsy for its own good?

Reasonable said:
It's not too expensive for what it is, but it is too expensive for what people want it for, ...

It is too expensive. Open your eyes for god sake...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Its not too expensive.

if you want a BluRay player and a game console. In this case its excellent value with all the media functionality thrown in. If you only want a game console its too expensive.

I don't know, this sounds like a narrow look at the market with a need to boast sony's superior artistic abilities. It's price, pure and simple. Until it's lower, people won't bite

Kyros said:

Its not too expensive.

if you want a BluRay player and a game console. In this case its excellent value with all the media functionality thrown in. If you only want a game console its too expensive.

That is the whole problem:

PS3 is not performing as a videogaming device because it is too expensive -> It is too expensive because of Blue-Ray -> But because you have Blue-Ray included, it isn't that expensive.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I hate it when an article is well written but makes ignorant points :P It wastes my time because I have to read all of it to try and figure out whether it has any value to it.

Sony is more artsy because they released LBP and Home? Sure, LBP is great, but the PS3 is not defined by a title like LBP. In fact this title is the exception in a pretty standard line-up. Let's not pretend that a single exceptional title defines a whole platform to the point of hurting its sales, that's cherrypicking.

As for Home... the videos I've seen so far about it are anything but artsy... more like vulgar (much like would be expected from any online world).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

So when all else fails, differentiate yourself by claiming to be "smarter", "artsier" or "prettier"? HAHA. The minds ability to justify one's own beliefs NEVER ceases to amaze.

If Little Big Planet sells more than Killzone 2, maybe he has a point, PS3 owners really do want "smarter" and "artsier" titles...

HAHA. The internetz never ceases to amuse!

As a final remark, I love this quote:

It's giving smart gamers (a category in which I'd include myself) what they want and it's not helping the bottom line.

What a pretentious cock...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
As a final remark, I love this quote:

It's giving smart gamers (a category in which I'd include myself) what they want and it's not helping the bottom line.

What a pretentious cock...

a new breed... casual smart gamers.

I thought the smart gamers were all on the DS! Brain Age, Sudoku, Crosswords, all the language trainers...

Now this schmuck says they're on the PS3? Who knew?

(Also, this is the most pretentious POS I've read in a while.
1) Assumption: PS3 is filled with smart gamers.
2) Assumption: Smart gamers like artsy games.
3, from 1 + 2) PS3 is filled with artsy games.
4) PS3 is not selling
5, from 3 +4) Artsy games don't sell.

Barring the gross logical errors in getting to 3 and 5 from the assumptions, assumptions 1 and 2 are entirely unsupported by any sort of real-world evidence. His argument is neither valid nor sound, and he comes off sounding like, to quote NJ5, a pretentious cock.

I tried hard to make this post as pretentious as his, and I don't think I succeeded, that's how pretentious it was.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

alpha_dk said:
I thought the smart gamers were all on the DS! Brain Age, Sudoku, Crosswords, all the language trainers...

Now this schmuck says they're on the PS3? Who knew?

(Also, this is the most pretentious POS I've read in a while.
1) Assumption: PS3 is filled with smart gamers.
2) Assumption: Smart gamers like artsy games.
3, from 1 + 2) PS3 is filled with artsy games.
4) PS3 is not selling
5, from 3 +4) Artsy games don't sell.

Barring the gross logical errors in getting to 3 and 5 from the assumptions, assumptions 1 and 2 are entirely unsupported by any sort of real-world evidence. His argument is neither valid nor sound, and he comes off sounding like, to quote NJ5, a pretentious cock.

I tried hard to make this post as pretentious as his, and I don't think I succeeded, that's how pretentious it was.

I dont think your as pretentious as him but your bluntness more than makes up for it.

Oscar Wilde: It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances.