By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 outsells PS3 by 2 to 1

The latest figures from data trackers NPD have revealed the Xbox 360 outsold PS3 by nearly 2 to 1 during December.

The number of 360 units shifted stood at 1.44 million, up from 1.26 million in December 2007. PS3 sales were down year-on-year, however - 726,000 consoles were sold, compared to 798,000 in 2007.

The PSP proved more popular, with 1.02 million units sold, while the figure for PS2 stood at 410,000.

But Nintendo came out on top once again. US consumers bought 3.04 million DS handhelds in December and 2.15 million Wiis.

It was a bumper month for videogames overall - US shoppers spent USD 5 billion (GBP 3.37 billion / EUR 3.77 billion) on games, hardware and accessories during December, racking up the highest revenues in videogame history.

Sales for December were up 9 per cent year-on-year. Sales for the whole of 2008 were up by 19 per cent compared to 2007, reaching USD 21.33 billion (GBP 14.39 billion / EUR 16.12 billion).

Here's that console sales figure list in full:

• Nintendo DS - 3.04 million
  • Wii - 2.15 million
  • Xbox 360 - 1.44 million
  • PSP - 1.02 million
  • PlayStation 3 - 726,000
  • PlayStation 2 - 410,000

Around the Network

good for xbox 360, price cut have an effect on it.

dejelek said:

There were tons of threads claiming the price cut would have failed in September. Looking at things now those threads are fun

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
dejelek said:

There were tons of threads claiming the price cut would have failed in September. Looking at things now those threads are fun

I agree, just look at how ps fanboy's hopeless mocking now in the threads. This is so fun !!!

No wai, The Xbox 360 Premium and Elite only sold equally with the PS3!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
No wai, The Xbox 360 Premium and Elite only sold equally with the PS3!

Is this Damage control??

hope you are just joking

Squilliam: I only got an Xbox 360 because I was appalled at the conduct of certain PS3 fanboys...
I prefer to side with the lulz to be honest.

Squilliam said:
I've almost made it to 3 days without trolling the PS3. My personal best is 17 days and I want to beat that record?

i work at bestbuy, i am not suprised the 360 outsold the PS3, we presetup xbox's and ps3's and wiis, all the wiis always sell in 1 or 2 days, and we set up about 5 360s and they all sold in just a few days, i almost never see anyone walking out with a PS3, nobody wants to pay 400$ for a gaming system, and you can get a Blu-ray player for under 200$ now.
i also heard 360s are getting another price drop :)
too bad the arcade doesnt have a hard drive, even like 5 gigs would be enough to just save games and ge DLC

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!