By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Poll: Abortion

Pro life.

p.s.
In UK you can have abortion to the 24th week?

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
This is a far more complicated topic then just Pro-life or Pro-choice!

For instance, I'm Pro-choice, but believe the age limit needs to be reduced to about 16-18 weeks (this is in the UK). At about 20 weeks the foetus develops its nervous system and can essentially feel pain.

So Pro-choice, kinda.

Actually the necessary brain connections for pain don't begin to form until around week 26 I think.

Rath said:
Scoobes said:

For instance, I'm Pro-choice, but believe the age limit needs to be reduced to about 16-18 weeks (this is in the UK). At about 20 weeks the foetus develops its nervous system and can essentially feel pain.

So Pro-choice, kinda.

Actually the necessary brain connections for pain don't begin to form until around week 26 I think.

My orginal 20 weeks statement was wrong, I couldn't remember the actual time, just that it was above 20 weeks. Sorry it came out a bit misleading. The problem is that each child can have a slightly different development cycle. For instance, it has been known that babies have been born after only 24 weeks and survived (although they're far more likely to have mental health problems).

The abortion limit in the UK is 24 weeks, which is far too long imo.

Rath said:
Scoobes said:

So Pro-choice, kinda.

There are people who were born in 21 week.

PRolife unless its will cost the mothers life or the babies is a product of rape

Around the Network
Krzyzowiec said:
Rath said:
Scoobes said:

So Pro-choice, kinda.

There are people who were born in 21 week.

They cannot feel pain.

I feel this deserves a good bump.

Requisite Content: I'm Pro-Choice and Anti-Death Penatly (due to chance of later exoneration).

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Pro-Choice