By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank Dated

@jlauro - I think that Sony may have the rights to the game, I'm not sure, but I think that the rights go to the publishers and not the developers. Even if the rights were with Insomniac they wouldn't develop the game for any other console anyways. Firstly, all expenses are paid for by Sony (as they are the publisher) so Insomniac won't be loosing any money. Secondly, if you ever watch Insomniac interviews and stuff they are Sony fans and would stick with the Playstation for as long as possible.

I may actually be putting a preorder in for this game, I have only done that once before (Futurama: The Game) and that pretty much scared me off doing it again. But I have faith in Insomnniac and I have loved all of their previous games.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
I may actually be putting a preorder in for this game, I have only done that once before (Futurama: The Game) and that pretty much scared me off doing it again. But I have faith in Insomnniac and I have loved all of their previous games.

I rarely put in preorders, just for the fact many times you can find some store with a special that is only good for launch week (typically $10 off), and you don't know what store that will be in advance...  and I have about 6 different chain stores within 5 miles of home or work that are always well stocked with new releases...

@jlauro I live in the UK, so all of the game stores within 10km of where I live is a GAME store, doesn't really make much for competitiver game pricing, does it.

It's why I usually get games from online www.gameplay.co.uk and Amazon are both great places to get video games online from - especially if your buying console bundles (with gameplay the more you order the more they cut the price, so if you get one item it'll cost you the full amount, buying a second or third item takes £££s off the overall price).

Anyway, what do you think the average review will be for this game? Official magazines = 9, indie magazines/websites = 8

Having to do 3d movements, jump, shoot, switch guns, access menu, pause, use sub-weapons (I think this game has those, correct me if I am wrong), and move the controller around for some tacked on reason would kill this game on a Wii-mote, not enough buttons (and no, I think the Tornado thing is cool, because it enhances functionality rather than reduces it).

In any case, this game looks so good, it convinced me to play some of the older Ratchet and Clank series. I just hope I will have time to get to it after all the amazing games coming out already.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The wii controller/numchuck pair has 8 buttons (not counting power and pause buttons), plus a 4 button direction pad, plus the equivalent of more than 3 analog sticks without even getting into some weird tack on movement of the controllers. Personally I would rather flick the controller up to jump than press one of the 8 buttons, etc... When properly implemented, you actually get more control with the wii that a regular controller, instead of less.

(I know, it's still not as many buttons as a classing PS controller...  you add the L1/L2/R1/R2 and pushing the two analog sticks down, you have 6 before you even get to the main buttons....) but it's enoguh...  but a combination of a trigger or two and using your thumb on the numbchuck would let you select a weapon/subweapon really quickly.

Around the Network

How did this turn into another Nintendo versus Sony thread?

Ratchet and Clank is never going to go to a Nintendo console. Ever.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

This is why I own the Playstation 3. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and Gran Turismo 5, are the only games I want for the system...

Xbox 360, on the other hand, has Halo 3, Banjo Kazooie 3, and Project Gotham Racing 3... And, that's all I want for the Xbox 360.

My real gem is the Wii... Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Kart Wii...

Anyways, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction will be an amazing game, the Playstation 3's first, good platformer (sorry Sonic), and will finally finish off my Ratchet and Clank collection.

ckmlb said:
How did this turn into another Nintendo versus Sony thread?

Ratchet and Clank is never going to go to a Nintendo console. Ever.

And Banjo and Kazooie will never go to a Microso- oh wait, second party developers. Silly me.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Watched some videos on Kotaku.

Flying portions of the game, guess what has tacked on Waggle Controls!

Anyway, the boss battle I saw looked boring, but the game itself really looked cool. The boss battle was ALA starfox though, and looked like the devs wanted to add something new, but didn't want to put any effort or thought into it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.