By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Demo: Exclusively On Xbox Live , no ps3

Zlejedi said:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56806

Thread already exists. And the article should mention "You get it 7 days earlier as long as you keep paying for what other players get for free" :D

you don't have to pay for demos :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Kinda surprised PSN is actually getting a demo since we don't get much for demos

Pristine20 said:
Whats the point of this? If you only own a ps3 or had neither console, would you buy a 360 now because the RE demo comes a week earlier? lol.

Perhaps Capcom owes M$ some for allowing them the rights to make Gears of Evil 5. I've ceased to care about Resident Evil after 4 anyway. It'll take a lot of convincing to get me to buy RE5

The idea is obviously to get goodwill from the 360 owners.

The 360 owners are known for very high software sales AND like shooters, so giving the core fanbase a little extra (at the expense of the PS3) is good PR.

You think that MS arranged this, but this comes from Capcom.

i doesn' t bother me to much to wait but, RE was born on the PS it hurts me to C this kind of exclusivity. Demos aren't always good for sales

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
i doesn' t bother me to much to wait but, RE was born on the PS it hurts me to C this kind of exclusivity. Demos aren't always good for sales

RE has been on several consoles and there are very few exclusives in the series. The only ones I can think of are Resident Evil on PS1 and REmake and Zero, and those are Gamecube exclusives.

360 is clearly the #1 SKU of the game, which is logical considering userbase and the fact that RE has become very shooterlike (sadly).

Around the Network

Do you have to buy Live Gold to get a demo?

Ah, so similar to PSN users having to pay for Qore to get demos a week early. No big deal, and as others have said, terrible thread title.

windbane said:
Do you have to buy Live Gold to get a demo?

If you want to get it 7 days before PS3 owners yes, if you want to get it at the same time as ps3 owners you can do so with silver membership.

Not paying members of x360 live  get demos 7 days later than gold ones.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Horrific thread title aside, a week is pretty sizeable....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Timed exclusive demos really, Eidos did it and look what happend.