By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you still enjoy playing N64/PSone title's?

Hero_time88 said:

I'm asking this because most people seem to agree that the games for those 32/64 bit system's are dated.

Games which make use of pre-rendered backgrounds like RE2 or FFVIII are still fun, but games like Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken 3 are now really dated and just aren't fun to play anymore.

Those games look also horrible on HDTV's.

I play PSX/N64 games all the time.  As well as collect them.  I played Strider 2 just this week and bought F-Zero X/Waverace 64/Pilotwings 64/Blast Corps all used for 6 bucks each.

And I don't have an HDTV.  Being a heavy gamer who owns many old systems, I bought a large 27" CRT TV.   With my large NES-N64 collection in mind (NES Zapper games especially).  For a CRT TV, it looks quite good.  If I ever buy a PS3 and get invested in Blu-Ray, I'll buy an HDTV.  But for now, I'm quite happy with my much cheaper TV that plays everything.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

I play some ng4 games on the Wii VC. But I guess since they're on the Wii it may help with the graphics a little bit...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

i still play OoT, that game never gets old.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

ya I still play my N64 a lot, beat Jet Force Gemini a while ago.

I beat Ocarina on it's 10th anniversary. I actually play my 64 quite a bit, so I should have said that Perfect Dark is just what I'm playing currently on it.

Oh, and Sin and Punishment on the VC!

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

Yes, i've actually been playing N64 classics (Kirby 64, StarFox 64, and Yoshi's Story) this week, since i desired to play them before i go back to school and leave my N64 behind

You only notice the jaggies when there's nothing going on. The right game will simply whisk you off into its world

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

You may compare the price thenbuy wow gold from us . It will be a great fun that you will save huge money. We know what a gamer need so that we will provide you a really instant way of delivery, if you buy world of warcraft gold, gold wow from us. Just place your order to buy wow gold, ffxi il from us then feel the world class service
http://veryge.com/

sure do. there are thousands of games that millions of people haven't played.

>:U Yes! I love my PS1 games. I was playing FFIX last year. Right now I'm playing through Tomb Raider games which includes Tomb Raider II, III and IV. Beat II, now playing III. I still enjoy Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus. And I want to play through Spyro 2 at some point in time cos I never finished it. And the original spyro also, cos I've only completed 99%, need to get that last percent.
The graphics don't matter, as long as I'm having fun.

With the exception of few ps1 rpg:s, no. I have tried a lot of N64 roms and I just can't play that kind of crap.