By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSOM.UK rates KZ2

Killzone 2 - PlayStation Official Magazine UK gives it a 9

Submitted by DolphGB on Wednesday, 14 January 20096 Comments

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Thanks for visiting...

Killzone 2 is one of those titles that is making us all very excited.

Whilst you’ll have to wait for PS3 Attitude’s review and hands-on impressions, PlayStation Official Magazine UK have weighed in with their review, and it doesn’t disappoint.

Scoring an impressive 9 out of 10 and gaining their coveted Gold Award, the headline says it all - ‘Sony’s flagship shooter pwns all’. Indeed, in the ‘info box’ they say the game is like ‘Call of Duty set in double-gravity space, directed by Ridley Scott and rendered by God’.

POM UK’s review includes the five ’showstopping’ moments, details on some of the Helghast hordes, the cast list and enough new screenshots to make you go ‘wow’. Sure, the game doesn’t get a full 10 out of 10, but they make several mentions of the incredible graphics and the accomplished, ‘meaty’ gameplay.

You can read the full review in this month’s magazine, which hit subscribers’ doorsteps today and should be arriving on a retail shelf near you soon.

EDIT by Kzoellner:
Shortly after publishing the magazine Killzone 2 slaughter and raped all that worked for the publication showing that it was worth a ten.   Then the game stompped off and detroyed every other system in the house and forces the wii to have sex with the 360 units until explosion accured.   just kidding.............  cheers

Around the Network

Good score but they gave COD4 a 10... but oh well...

9? Will it get a perfect score anywhere?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

.........it already got a perfect score :/

colonelstubbs said:
9? Will it get a perfect score anywhere?

no colonelstubbs... this would be against the rules....

Around the Network

PSOM.US has already given it 10/10.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I need to go and read that review... it is sitting up stairs

For reference, OPM UK have given the following games 10:

Call of Duty 4
LittleBigPlanet
Grand Theft Auto IV
Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid 4

Hmm, would it be getting close to the time to start putting these kinds of things in an official thread?

I don't really understand it.

I've read the review and nothing seems to warrant pinging it a mark.

I mean, the anti-climax they describe isn't even that anti-climatic. Just a bit uninspiring.

*sigh*

They gave the first one a 9.