By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first RPG?

My first one was Final Fantasy X. I didn't know or care that much about genres of games growing up. I pretty much played anything I liked. I didn't happen to stumble upon RPGs until 2002 when I got the ps2 and final fantasy x.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Unfortunately, Ultima VIII.

I think that may be part of why I don't play RPGs. I liked the manual though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FF VII.

NJ5 said:

i feel your pain.. i disliked it even though i loved all its prequels..thats a horrid  entry into the genre

terislb said:
NJ5 said:

i feel your pain.. i disliked it even though i loved all its prequels..thats a horrid  entry into the genre

So how can I get cured? :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
terislb said:
NJ5 said:

So how can I get cured? :)

hmm lets see ..theres a vast amount of games to choose from....  for your x box i would recommend  jade empire and knights of the old republic , for the ds  front mission ,chrono trigger ,and disgaea

for the pc  ..fallout 1-2 ,baldurs gate 1-2

for the gamecube  tales of symphonia and skies of arcadia legends

theres definately more..  as soon as i can think of any others ill write you a post on your wall

Pokemon Blue Awwww Yeeah! Played that game 800 times. At least.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

First game I actually played seriously was Zelda on the NES. If we are talking about "serious" RPG titles however, I would have to say Final Fantasy VI when I was about 12 years old, after that I went on to FFVII, then backtracked as far as I could go before going forward with FFVIII.

So yeah, I guess I would have to say Final Fantasy VI.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

final fantasy viii

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pokemon something. Can't remember if it were red, blue, or green but that was the first one.