By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first RPG?

Pokemon Red

Around the Network

Dragon Warrior for NES, although I cant remember which one. I just remember all those damn slime mobs trippin me out, and the fact that it was turned based being very new to me. After that I never really got into RPG's until i was about 20, I dont think I really understood RPG's when i was little. I started with FFVIII, FFIX and star ocean 2, been a huge fan of RPG's sense.

Secret of Mana I believe. If not then Pokemon Silver.

4 ≈ One

Final Fantasy for NES

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

pokemon blue cant touch this

Around the Network

Pokemon Blue i guess but my first RPG on the PS2 was Kingdom Hearts

My first RPG was on the Commodore64 computer. It was called "Telengard", made by Avalon Hill.

Tifa got MOVES!

Why the hell did Mystic Quest have a jump button? That's kinda hilarious.

final fantasy viii

I bought it because of how coll the cover looked. I thought it was a DMC-style adventure game then when battle came, I was thinking WTF? I almost returned it. It was the story that made me decide against returning it then I just got used to the battle system and JRPGs became my fav genre

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Vermillion for Mega Drive.
And I still have it.