By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first RPG?

Pokemon Blue.

Around the Network

Probably Super Mario RPG. I remember buying it because it had Mario on it.

First I played: Super Mario RPG

First I owned: Pokemon (Red Version)

Katilian said:
Might & Magic (either 1 or 2...I can't remember) would have been the very first I played, however at the time (being 4-5 yrs old) I really couldn't grasp it.

The first one I truly enjoyed and remember well is Eye of the Beholder 2. I'll never know how I spent so much time playing it (and never finished it when I was younger). I played it through a few years ago and finished it in an afternoon.

I loved that one I spent a lot of time on it. Hard to picture someone beating it in an afternoon I remember it being difficult. I guess my first was Kings Quest but I did not find it very engaing. The one that made me fall in love with RPG's was the text parser interface version of Heroes Quest. I loved that game it defines what an computer rpg should be IMO. My first on a console(NES) was Zelda if that counts as an RPG.

SpookyXJ said:

I loved that one I spent a lot of time on it. Hard to picture someone beating it in an afternoon I remember it being difficult. I guess my first was Kings Quest but I did not find it very engaing. The one that made me fall in love with RPG's was the text parser interface version of Heroes Quest. I loved that game it defines what an computer rpg should be IMO. My first on a console(NES) was Zelda if that counts as an RPG.

I remembered it being hard too, but the game is only 5-6 hours long (so an extended afternoon ) and there are a few tricks which weren't apparent to me as a child which made the game much easier.

Since a few people have metioned Adventure Games (I wasn't considering them at first), either Space Quest or Leisure Suit Larry would have been the first "RPG" I enjoyed.

Around the Network

My first RPG was Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. I really enjoyed it at the time, but looking back now.........yeah

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Final Fantasy

Betrayal at Krondor

Onyxmeth said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
It's hard for me to remember (cause I played so many) but I believe it was Final Fantasy IV on SNES, the only other one I could have been was Phantasy Star II on Genesis (yes I was playing that tough as nails game when I was a child and that makes me more of a man then you'll ever be)

Oh yeah?! That mani/pedi you have there says differently!

Real men wear eye liner and carry swords. (I.E. Pirates)

Also what of it?  Can't a man get some good treatment like that and a nice foot massage to boot?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Final Fantasy X.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends