By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii is a "Girl-driven" system

I thought the games girls enjoyed on the Wii were Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Big Brain Academy, Mario Galaxy, My Sims, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, the Disney singing games, DDR and perhaps rayman raving rabbids. It's not the same thing as the guys but it's similar.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
darklich13 said:
What wrong with girls playing games?

Nothing... But there's something very wrong about a company apparently misunderstanding its target market.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

ps360 girls > wii girls

Was the creator of this post try to imply that a console that appeals to the female crowd is bad? I know some gamers are "elitists" but I hope they don't also become sexists.

The article itself is misleading, as it may be interpreted to imply that only or mostly girls buy the system, however I think it just means that girls are now a respected audience in gaming, areal female gaming market.

In any event I think is good that a console is enjoyed by both genders, maybe now the girls won't think of gamers as "loosers".

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

And they think that girls will buy their crap. Girls are intelligent too, after buying one of those terrible games, they wont make the same mistake again.

Way to dig your own grave :P

Around the Network

Ann Hasmillton is nuts

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I don't think its that the Wii caters to girls, it is just that the other systems ignore them, and the Wii is just proof that women are a huge untapped market.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

So is this another excuse ??? "We are not going to put a real effort because the Wii Core demographic just want another Petz" ??? D@mn, probably thats why Petz looks graphically better than most of the Third Party effords on the Wii ¬¬

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
markers said:

ps360 girls > wii girls

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v31qxrXsxv0

It all makes sense now. I finally understand why the Wii is so popular. You got 360 and PS3 who are 99% men buying the systems, then you got the Wii with girls buying the thing. Who buys more shovelware than girls?