By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forbes: Sony is Screwed...Is this article accurate?

Didn't Nintendo just make 1 billion profit? Now we know where it came from.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

If Sony go under i'll eat my shorts

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Its right, we got LG, Panasonic and Samsung on home entertainment. Apple, Nokia, Nintendo on portable music/games and phones. Its all goin down.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

colonelstubbs said:

Did the article mention this? No. Did anyone in this thread mention this? no.

These kind of comments are unwelcome.

It's possible that sony will never realese a ps4, but they already made a lot of investment in new technologies.
Could be sony be owned by another company?

I know... my english sucks

Around the Network

Especially when you consider the fact that sony is on course to lose "5 billion" dollars during the 2009-2010 fiscal year. The Forbes article paints an ugly scene for sony. It is much worse than I thought.

Where is MikeB to tell us everything is okay?

Korean brand likely rule world wide home entertainment.

Japan products are slowly fading away.

colonelstubbs said:

Failing a restructuring, I could see them getting bailouts from the Japanese government to tide them over for a while. Unless the other electronic corporations do better and manage to buy Sony for peanuts or something like that. Sony still has time to restructure though.

If a hungry bear shows up at your building, you don't have to run faster than the bear... just faster than your slowest neighbor.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

$1 to $2 Billion for this year is somewhat bad for a company of Sony's size, but the estimated $5 Billion for next year is very bad ...

Canon's earnings also look to disappoint.