By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tokyo Game Show Countdown!

Soriku said:
Prediction: NO more PS3 PDs this year!

We shall see who is correct. I predict a PS3 pricedrop in Japan either at TGS or just before. They will then proceed to hype the hell out of Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue with the pricedrop.

Around the Network

hum is it me or we are talking about the TGS already when the LGC has not even started yet ???

Sony domination for sure!!

Team Ico games will rule ass.

Soriku said:
^ TGS>LGC

hum no the liepzig GDC starts august 20th and ends 22nd so it's pretty much a month before TGS and in less than a week from now...

hum for gamers yeah not for new advancement in VG industry.... at LGC it's were we'll learn if dev will try to unleash PS3 power it's were they talk about the future in VG in term of development etc...
the TGS is more entertaining for sure.... but if you want to talk numbers, sales, new tech, new dev kits, new innovative stuff like game play and AI dev graphics etc.. it's definitely the LGC hands down....

Around the Network

I wonder what Team Ico will bring us?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
^ I meant the TGS is better.

That may be your opinion but I can assure you that Liepzig is very important for Sony next week. It is essential that Sony find away to make their consoles appeal to EU this fall since it will be the first Christmas period for the PS3 in Europe and a very important occasion. Sony have shown this by advertising the event and console like mad all over Europe.

Japan is important, but EU is the larger market.

Liepzig is important for Sony, but TGS is important to Japan and a good portion of the world (which includes Sony). TGS > Liepzig

The only reason Liepzig is getting this much attention is because E3 was downsized. Otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a point. TGS is where all the new games and '08 lineups will be revealed, if not at E4 too.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Liepzig is important for Sony, but TGS is important to Japan and a good portion of the world (which includes Sony). TGS > Liepzig

The only reason Liepzig is getting this much attention is because E3 was downsized. Otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a point. TGS is where all the new games and '08 lineups will be revealed, if not at E4 too.

well yeah but what you are saying about TGS is for gamer, the LGC is about devloppement which is more for the actors of the game industry.....they don't care about what's already possible or made... they care about the future and what will be possible..... so TGS is less important for the industry (meaning devs etc) but really more important for gamers.... LGC for devs is even more important than E3 (buy the way it will be E3 next year too lol) and that has been like that for a while now.... 

hmm im very excited, i want some details on games like lost odyssey, white knight story, last remnant, ff 13 and all the games i want. Comon give me a suprise though like KH 3 announcement or something

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.