By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tokyo Game Show Countdown!

endimion said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Liepzig is important for Sony, but TGS is important to Japan and a good portion of the world (which includes Sony). TGS > Liepzig

The only reason Liepzig is getting this much attention is because E3 was downsized. Otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a point. TGS is where all the new games and '08 lineups will be revealed, if not at E4 too.

well yeah but what you are saying about TGS is for gamer, the LGC is about devloppement which is more for the actors of the game industry.....they don't care about what's already possible or made... they care about the future and what will be possible..... so TGS is less important for the industry (meaning devs etc) but really more important for gamers.... LGC for devs is even more important than E3 (buy the way it will be E3 next year too lol) and that has been like that for a while now.... 

No.

There was already a game developers conference. There isn't that much they can talk about here that wasn't said before; it's not like GDC got downsized and half of the developers walked away. Pretty amazing that this particular conference which is supposed to be a godsend to developers didn't get any attention until recently. Like I said before, the only reason this is getting attention now is because E3 got downsized, causing a chain reaction: This is the biggest TGS to date, E4 was created as the successor to E3, and now Leipzig is turning into a side show. It's pretty apparent that this is being set up as another Gamer's Day for Sony, what with the giant booths of Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank being plastered up already.

So yeah, this is important to Sony since it's being set up as a wankfest for them already, but this isn't any more important to devleopers than the recent GDC, or past E3s, etc. Leipzig is a just a small blip on the radar recently inflated by hype until the much bigger, much better TGS and E 4 All roll around.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
endimion said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Liepzig is important for Sony, but TGS is important to Japan and a good portion of the world (which includes Sony). TGS > Liepzig

The only reason Liepzig is getting this much attention is because E3 was downsized. Otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a point. TGS is where all the new games and '08 lineups will be revealed, if not at E4 too.

well yeah but what you are saying about TGS is for gamer, the LGC is about devloppement which is more for the actors of the game industry.....they don't care about what's already possible or made... they care about the future and what will be possible..... so TGS is less important for the industry (meaning devs etc) but really more important for gamers.... LGC for devs is even more important than E3 (buy the way it will be E3 next year too lol) and that has been like that for a while now....

No.

There was already a game developers conference. There isn't that much they can talk about here that wasn't said before; it's not like GDC got downsized and half of the developers walked away. Pretty amazing that this particular conference which is supposed to be a godsend to developers didn't get any attention until recently. Like I said before, the only reason this is getting attention now is because E3 got downsized, causing a chain reaction: This is the biggest TGS to date, E4 was created as the successor to E3, and now Leipzig is turning into a side show. It's pretty apparent that this is being set up as another Gamer's Day for Sony, what with the giant booths of Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank being plastered up already.

So yeah, this is important to Sony since it's being set up as a wankfest for them already, but this isn't any more important to devleopers than the recent GDC, or past E3s, etc. Leipzig is a just a small blip on the radar recently inflated by hype until the much bigger, much better TGS and E 4 All roll around.

http://www.gcdc.eu/index.php?page=217&session=1bd2d6c8e9822bf37cc92ea313734274#

I'm sorry but E3 has never been a dev conference of importance it's a great show for constructor and product presentation... you have couple of showcase behind closed doors for devs.... but that's it.... the liepzig GDC with other conf has always been less exposed for that exact reason it's for geeks dev and deep marketing manager.... in other words totally unaddapted to the grand public..... Sony is one more time asside the point of the conference main objective.... but in that case though it's a good thing for the public exposure in Europe.. I'm not arguing that.... but the show floor is suposed to be secondary at the GDCs.... what it's all about it's the key note the market analysis the market and niche info etc etc... borring stuff for non involved people but key elements for the professionals....

people tend to forget that those show are not for the public in the first place the fact that a lot of people non related to the profession go or use to go there is irrelevant..... you could have 6 milion people going at E3 but just 1000 dev when you have 10 000 at LGC and 5 000 are devs (numbers are not accurate and random) it's just to say that the size of the show doesn't make it more important for professional... on the opposite the pros prefer small more personal convetion than over crowded shows.... that's why E3 was not that good this year it's a proof that's it's more a public display than 100% professional show...

but I see what you are saying.... what I'm saying is all those conf and shows don't play the same role in the business and GDC (liepzig or others for that matter) are usually better for pros because it's almost like it's just for them because most people don't pay attention to it so they are not bothered by extravaganza and such... I don't know if you see what I mean ???

Soriku said:
When's Liepzig again? And TGS is where it's at. I promise you when Liepzig and TGS pass, TGS will be the most dominant.

20th to 22nd of august so monday through wednesday next week....

here is the schedule.... lol pretty borring hu lol.... me I prefer that than 2000 trailers... well it's a question of taste :).... but I feel i learn more from that kind of stuff...  

Leipzig is less than a week away... that'll be bigger this year IMO.

*~Onna76~* said:
Level 5! Forgot that, I'm anxious looking forward what Level 5 has to announce, according to rumors, they will announce 4 new RPG games *yeah*.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they announced another Dark Cloud game for the PS3? That would be totally awesome.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
KH3 might be announced in Feb, btw. (rumor from Disney rep) They might've started it recently...or not...

the next kh (no know systems or even if its a video game) will be announced at tgs.  se had an officialannoucement to say there would be an announcement.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

TGS > Leipzig because everything in Japan will be revealed at TGS.

Lots of JRPGS, Gran Turismo, etc...d

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

endimion said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
endimion said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

I'm sorry but E3 has never been a dev conference of importance it's a great show for constructor and product presentation... you have couple of showcase behind closed doors for devs.... but that's it.... the liepzig GDC with other conf has always been less exposed for that exact reason it's for geeks dev and deep marketing manager.... in other words totally unaddapted to the grand public..... Sony is one more time asside the point of the conference main objective.... but in that case though it's a good thing for the public exposure in Europe.. I'm not arguing that.... but the show floor is suposed to be secondary at the GDCs.... what it's all about it's the key note the market analysis the market and niche info etc etc... borring stuff for non involved people but key elements for the professionals....

people tend to forget that those show are not for the public in the first place the fact that a lot of people non related to the profession go or use to go there is irrelevant..... you could have 6 milion people going at E3 but just 1000 dev when you have 10 000 at LGC and 5 000 are devs (numbers are not accurate and random) it's just to say that the size of the show doesn't make it more important for professional... on the opposite the pros prefer small more personal convetion than over crowded shows.... that's why E3 was not that good this year it's a proof that's it's more a public display than 100% professional show...

but I see what you are saying.... what I'm saying is all those conf and shows don't play the same role in the business and GDC (liepzig or others for that matter) are usually better for pros because it's almost like it's just for them because most people don't pay attention to it so they are not bothered by extravaganza and such... I don't know if you see what I mean ???

No, develoeprs did congragate at E3. It was the biggest gaming show on the planet, this was one of the few times when they all COULD get together, the big guys and the little guys. Just because it wasn't the focus doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The last GDC was what, 3 or 4 months ago? There's not a whole lot more they can talk about now that they didn't talk about before. Not only that, but Nintendo participated in the last GDC, and they're not a Leipzig, so that already makes this smaller than the previous one, which couldn't hold a candle to E3 or TGS before. If you're not congregating with Japan, you're missing out on a good portion of the industry.

So this may be about the developers (again), but it's pretty clear that the attention is all coming from Sony.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Can't wait for it... I think it will surely be the main gaming event this year...

True fighters don't wear socks.

jhlennon1 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Level 5! Forgot that, I'm anxious looking forward what Level 5 has to announce, according to rumors, they will announce 4 new RPG games *yeah*.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they announced another Dark Cloud game for the PS3? That would be totally awesome.

D..d...d..dark Cloud 3? WII, PS3, PSP or DS I don't think I would care much for which platform, as I would own all 4 of them, but if Level 5 would announce that... I'll go nuts!!! For that I won't say no to a remake of Dark Cloud and / or a Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2)  So yes, that would be totally awesome.

I agree with a Ckmlb....and others... TGS sounds to me more important, people seem to forget, FFXIII footages, White Knight Story footages, most likely playable, Dragon Quest IX, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, WII Fit, hopefully finally an announcent about on which platform Star Ocean IV will be released and some solution about the entire Kingdom Hearts mystery. Not to imagine all the new games which might be announced by the big Japanese developers, such as Level 5, Konami and Square Enix. Plus indeed what Hus said... hopefully a wonderful announcement from the team of ICO and to me personally, an annoucement of Seeds would be nice as well... you know... from Okami.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo