By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Have any of you ever faced an extreme O.C.D. towards a large collection? Perhaps, one Zelda game from your perfect collection has a big scratch on the bottom. Or maybe, your Playstation Portable has one dead pixel on the corner. Perhaps there is a piece of dust stuck inside the screen of your Gamegear. Have any of you ever experienced bothersome things such as this? Imperfections are usually worse when the rest of your collection is practically perfect.

I remember my Donkey Kong Country 2 cartridge had some of the top label missing, and it just bothered me for days. I would not have cared at all if its manual, and box, were perfect, and my other Donkey Kong games were complete, and almost perfect. It was the red stain on a white carpet. It was the dead pixel in an HD TV. It was the unswept rock, laying in the middle of a perfectly clean flood. It was just taunting me so much that I finally had to buy another one, in perfect condition.

I later resold the imperfect game, and just pretended it never happened. After that, it just got worse. One of my Mario games had some sun damage on it. One of my Halo games had a bend in the manual. My Nokia N-Gage had a spec of dust, trapped underneath the screen. My Playstation Portable had one dead pixel. My Playstation 3 had micro scratches on it. Every time I perfected an imperfections, all other imperfections would just got stronger.

Man, it was like a slap in the face. What I would do is sell the imperfect game, and buy it again, usually losing no money, or sometimes even making money. But still, it's really annoying. The worst of it is that it's almost impossible to get that stupid imperfection out of your mind.

Later on, I found the best thing to do is to force yourself to buy video games full of imperfections, and eventually, the O.C.D. will just die away. That's what I have been doing lately, and I'm not bothered any more. So, have any of you ever experienced such things?

Around the Network

obsessive one aren't yahh.

you dork!

yeah, I'm that way about my game collection with my favorite games, like MGS, I have to have each one in perfect condition. My blu-ray collection(including my PS3 games) is even worse though, I've gotten Sony, Paramount, Amazon and Walmart each to exchange the blu-ray cases for me. They sometimes have the "teeth" that hold the disk in place broken, or the clasp on them.

My other bad one is file structures on my computer. Everything has to be in the right place. The PS3 is really pissing me off by not letting me organize my d/ls(they're working on it though!!) I even deleted and re-downloaded trailers to get them in the right order.... it would be worse if my connection was even faster ;)

I have to turn my console on/off 3 times then drink two cans of Pibb before I start a new game, otherwise I'll die on the first level. Does that mean I have O.C.D?

alex...please read "The Pleasure of My Company" by steve martin. You will enjoy it.

Around the Network

Okay, I will.

My friend has to do three lines before teeing up in Wii Sports, on each hole, or he can't bring myself to hold the button. It cost him 2 g's by the time he's half way through the back nine (Yes, I know there are only nine holes. No, I don't do drugs.)

Seriously? I stepped on my vagrant story case while it was empty, instead of just changing out the jewel case, I HAD to rebuy it... But I still played my first copy. No drugs, but still crazy.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.