By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BIOSHOCK......good but extremely slow paced

AfroMan812 said: 1. I am a HUGE fan of PS3. I like slow paced games. - Like if that wasn't clear.
My friend. The purpose of that post is what wasn't clear. 700 posts... hells yeah!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

washimul said: gamingdevil said: washimul said: mrstickball said: The PS3 is already the biggest failure of the year, so Bioshock is of little concern. . . . Also, if a game has slow pacing, that has nothing to do with processing power. Are you 'special' in the head? Either way, I am not anticipating Bioshock at all, Mass Effect and Blue Dragon have my interest, so FPS and shooters are of little concern to me. x360 is dead in JAPAN as well as EUROPE. it is dying from MARCH 6th onwards. BLUE-DRAGON another mega flop game in JAPAN........FAMITSU put it on the same par as FF13.....only to see the game sell 130k copies . MASS EFFECT..............never even heard of that.........is it related to that cartoonistic HALO 3 Can't anyone ban this idiot? Just askin' ... it hurts so much to see the x360 going down.........we rejoice on teh other hand
1) I have a Wii. 2) I will buy a PS3. 3) I hate 360. (great console but i don't like FPS's and sport games) 4) I hate you because of the retarded brain you are hiding in your head. 5) I think i made myself clear.

gamingdevil said: 1) I have a Wii. 2) I will buy a PS3. 3) I hate 360. (great console but i don't like FPS's and sport games) 4) I hate you because of the retarded brain you are hiding in your head. 5) I think i made myself clear.
A 360 will be worth buying in the near future after a price drop, and then find one used.

Kwaad said: gamingdevil said: 1) I have a Wii. 2) I will buy a PS3. 3) I hate 360. (great console but i don't like FPS's and sport games) 4) I hate you because of the retarded brain you are hiding in your head. 5) I think i made myself clear. A 360 will be worth buying in the near future after a price drop, and then find one used.
i can't play an FPS, racing, or sport game for more than 15 minutes! (except from Wii Sports )

gamingdevil said:i can't play an FPS, racing, or sport game for more than 15 minutes! (except from Wii Sports )
Have you never played Half Life 2 And Mass Effect should be great, after all it's by the same people who did KOTOR

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Meh. Best FPS I ever played was FarCry. PREY, comes in very good tho. I loved the story.

sieanr said: gamingdevil said:i can't play an FPS, racing, or sport game for more than 15 minutes! (except from Wii Sports ) Have you never played Half Life 2 And Mass Effect should be great, after all it's by the same people who did KOTOR
The only FPS that i liked was F.E.A.R! i played FarCry but i didn't liked it... i kinda liked Half Life 2 but it was still not good enough for me.

A quick case for the Xbox 360, from a Xbox 360 owner (since launch): The 360 is a great system, even if you dislike sports/FPS games. It's been pidgeonholed due to that "halo vibe" it seems to get. Most possibly think I'm a MS whore or 360 fanboy, but I'm really not. I've owned most systems by every major console owner since Atari. I've made bad choices about what systems I owned (like buying a N64 due to the FF4/FFVII demos on Nintendo 64). The 360/Xbox line of systems does have far too many FPS and TPS games out there. Personally, I'm not a big fan of games like that. They get far too repetitive. Having said that, there is a huge wealth of great games that aren't of that persuasion, or only slightly into that arena. Since launch, I've played about 80+ games. Not because Im psyco, but because I played tons for gamerpoints, and along the way, came into contact with a few great gems of games that most don't look over. If you ever get the chance to play a 360, try these games: The Outfit (yes, its a third person shooter, but it reminds me alot of RTS/Sim games, as you have to use resource points to buy tanks, gun emplacements, aircraft, flak guns, ect to fight the germans) Kameo (Rare game - childish, but actually challenging to get A rankings, pretty good adventure game) Condemned (only 2 games I mention of the TPS/FPS persuasion, you said you liked fear - This game far outweighs FEAR in every catagory IMO) Test Drive: Unlimited (never played a TD game before. You drive over the entirety of Hawaii. The races are just great, and are relaxing. 2 of the final, ultimate races involve driving on the roads surrounding Hawaii proper - 150 miles for 1 lap. A true gem of the 360) Dead Rising (fantastic innovative game for the 360 - Combines a Resident Evil type visceral story with funny and good gameplay. You can even get the entire Mega Man suit, and blast the zombies with the mega buster) Viva Pinata (awesome simfarm-style game. Very addictive and challenging. I was a big fan of sim and tycoon games. This is a little more indepth, but provides great challenging gameplay. The animals are rather humorous in their appearance, and just a splendid game) Enchant Arm (thus far, only J-RPG in the US. Not as good as other J-RPGs out there, but it is pretty fun for a standard J-RPG game. Uses some isometric gameplay for battles to make it different than most games. Kinda difficult at points, about 30-40hrs of gameplay) Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth (Yes, its a PC game, but you should give it a try due to it proving that RTS gaming works on a console. I'm a huge RTS/Sim/Strategy PC gamer, and my PC is too old to run games like this. It was an absolute treat to play a game that really does justice to the genre on a console) Those are just a few 360-exclusive games I can think of. This doesn't include other awesome games that are either heavily sports games (FNR3) or FPS of some sort (Oblivion, GRAW, Gears of War, CoD2/3, RSV). The 360 has a great non-shooter lineup for the rest of the year as well (Mass Effect, Circle of Doom, sequal to the best Xbox series ever, Kingdom Under Fire, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata). The 360 isnt for everyone - I got one banking on the idea that if MS wanted to win the console wars, they'd have to invest money into Japaneese developers. I am not dissapointed hearing about Miswaker titles in the works, as well as other J-games. But with all the PS3 devs jumping ship to multi-plat, I wouldn't be suprised if at some point we got a few bombshells about major J-RPG franchises or other J-centric companies doing what Capcom has done and started multi-deving on 360 as well.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.