By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BIOSHOCK......good but extremely slow paced

Sintinel said: Kwaad, you're telling someone to not attack other consoles? How black is that kettle?
Kwaad's wife polishes them pretty good so I think it's pretty damn shiny, not black.

Around the Network

washamule said: BIOSHOCK is visually quite impressive but the gameplay is extremely slow and boring.......................It doesnt ven look like an FPS.........
Thats because it's not really an FPS
washamule said: as predicted by 1up..........BIOSHOCK would be the biggest failure of 2007.
1Up said the game would get great reviews but bomb at retail, just like System Shock 1 and 2. Go learn something about gaming history so you don't look like a giant ass (aka System Shock 2)

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Kwaad said: 1. I am a HUGE fan of PS3. I like slow paced games. 2. Quick attacking other consoles. Give evidence. 3. I read the topic of this thread, and expected a good read about bioshock. 4. March, and june are gonna be HUGE for PS3.
I don't get this troll. Atleast I respect you, Kawaad because no matter how you defend the PS3, atleast you have enough intelligence to do it in a manner that is respectful of other consoles and viewpoints. At any rate - I agree. How does ANYTHING he say have to do with Bioshock being good/bad? I mean you could say:
Mrstickball said: Halo 3 is going to be a great game due to them putting high production values into it, and will sell well. I will enjoy playing it on 360. washimul said: Halo 3 suck because it being XBOX 360. XBOX 360 fail in Japan so must fail in US too and Europe too. Halo 3 is no KILLZONE 2 because KILLZONE 2 is on PS3. If HALO 3 was on PS3 it be good because of CELL and BLU RAY. But XENON and DVD bad because are in XBOX360 and not PS3

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Sintinel said: Kwaad, you're telling someone to not attack other consoles? How black is that kettle?
If your gonna attack another console, at least make a sound arguement. If your gonna defend the PS3... or anything. Make a sound arguement. He actually got me interested in it. I got burnt out on FPS around Doom3. And it will be another 2-3 years before I want another 'FPS'. I dont consider FarCry style games, a "Standard" FPS. Because they put alot of importance on vehicle's combat. I get annoyed by Washimul's antics because he says "Halo3 will suck. PS3 is god." Uhh... That makes him look like a idiot, wich would make me think. Anything he says is WRONG. So that means the PS3 SUCKS. If your gonna defend it. You can be stubborn, but by god. Why do you have to be so hateful?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: 1. I am a HUGE fan of PS3. I like slow paced games. 2. Quick attacking other consoles. Give evidence. 3. I read the topic of this thread, and expected a good read about bioshock. 4. March, and june are gonna be HUGE for PS3.
Reasons for each number. 1. I just dont like fast paced FPS that much. I like the slower ones, I like the ones that try to add RPG elements to a FPS too. 2. Play nice. No console 'sucks' They all have appeal for diffrent people, and markets. If they didnt. Why dosent the PS3 already have 100% market share? 3. I read the topic and thought. "Hey, I wonder what in the game makes it slow paced, it's a FPS... so that would be cool." 4. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

Around the Network

Kwaad said: Kwaad said: 1. I am a HUGE fan of PS3. I like slow paced games. 2. Quick attacking other consoles. Give evidence. 3. I read the topic of this thread, and expected a good read about bioshock. 4. March, and june are gonna be HUGE for PS3. Reasons for each number. 1. I just dont like fast paced FPS that much. I like the slower ones, I like the ones that try to add RPG elements to a FPS too. 2. Play nice. No console 'sucks' They all have appeal for diffrent people, and markets. If they didnt. Why dosent the PS3 already have 100% market share? 3. I read the topic and thought. "Hey, I wonder what in the game makes it slow paced, it's a FPS... so that would be cool." 4. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html[/quote] what about MAY..........when LAIR comes out ...........the most defined game in history with each charcater having 50x more plogons/textures than each char in GEOW. madness starts from MARCH alongside a total global domination

Lair is the only good game comming out in May... That is not a killer month.

Kwaad said:1. I just dont like fast paced FPS that much. I like the slower ones, I like the ones that try to add RPG elements to a FPS too.
I'm assuming you've played the System Shock series, but if not then get on that immediately. It's very, very RPGish with choosing your characters class, building up stats, modifying weapons (that wear down with use!) and an amazing story. Not to mention, SS2 is actually scary, and I mean it. None of the Doom 3 jump behind you bull. Bioshock is the "spiritual successor" to this game and will have all of the RPG hallmarks of SS2 plus some really interesting work with the AI.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

That's killer. I'll add that to my "Reasons to buy a 360" So now i have, Dead Rising, Viva Pinyata, and Bioshock. Awosome. Might get one used in late summer/early fall. EDIT: So it's like Elder Scrolls. (gameplay)

1. I am a HUGE fan of PS3. I like slow paced games. - Like if that wasn't clear.