By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confession: I hate Killzone 2

twesterm said:
MontanaHatchet said:
twesterm said:
tombi123 said:
So you haven't played the beta? Makingmusic and various other people have played the beta and they say its amazing.

And that PS2 userbase arguement is bullshit. Selling over 2M isn't an easy task, no matter what console it was on.

I'm not saying anything about Killzone 2, but people played the beta for R2 too and hyped it as the most amazing thing ever.  There was thread after thread touting R2 was going to kill everything and change gaming based on the beta.

Now that the game has released, it has come and gone and proved to be good but nothing spectacular.

I'm not implying that Killzone 2 will be bad in any way at all, I'm just going to wait until the game is released to start getting excited about it.  If I can get my hands on a free demo I'll gladly play that and be happy, but not going to hype the game.

Thread after thread, hmm? Mind actually providing a link (since there were apparently so many)? I don't remember a single person saying that.

Anyways, I don't see the point in this thread. So you hate the game and everyone hyping it. SO WHAT?!! If I made a thread every time something on this site was pissing me off, I'd be the highest poster and the least popular as well. Does trolling the game and its fans give you so much satisfaction?

Blah, I hate this site sometimes. I hope the American software is put up soon, because the forums certainly aren't worth reading.

So you're saying there weren't many threads calling Resistance 2 the next big thing, especially when they started doing the beta?  I think you might be wrong but I'm far too lazy to go find the threads.  :-p

I remember a lot of people saying it would be an amazing game, and a lot of people saying it would sell many millions (even putting it at the level of Call of Duty/Gears of War). But really, "kill gaming?" Sounds made up to me. If anyone said that (or anything close to that), it was either a joke fanboy or a desperate fanboy. If you really form your opinions on a vast userbase from a couple joke fanboys than...well...I think I've made my point.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
twesterm said:
MontanaHatchet said:
twesterm said:
tombi123 said:
So you haven't played the beta? Makingmusic and various other people have played the beta and they say its amazing.

And that PS2 userbase arguement is bullshit. Selling over 2M isn't an easy task, no matter what console it was on.

I'm not saying anything about Killzone 2, but people played the beta for R2 too and hyped it as the most amazing thing ever.  There was thread after thread touting R2 was going to kill everything and change gaming based on the beta.

Now that the game has released, it has come and gone and proved to be good but nothing spectacular.

I'm not implying that Killzone 2 will be bad in any way at all, I'm just going to wait until the game is released to start getting excited about it.  If I can get my hands on a free demo I'll gladly play that and be happy, but not going to hype the game.

Thread after thread, hmm? Mind actually providing a link (since there were apparently so many)? I don't remember a single person saying that.

Anyways, I don't see the point in this thread. So you hate the game and everyone hyping it. SO WHAT?!! If I made a thread every time something on this site was pissing me off, I'd be the highest poster and the least popular as well. Does trolling the game and its fans give you so much satisfaction?

Blah, I hate this site sometimes. I hope the American software is put up soon, because the forums certainly aren't worth reading.

So you're saying there weren't many threads calling Resistance 2 the next big thing, especially when they started doing the beta?  I think you might be wrong but I'm far too lazy to go find the threads.  :-p

I remember a lot of people saying it would be an amazing game, and a lot of people saying it would sell many millions (even putting it at the level of Call of Duty/Gears of War). But really, "kill gaming?" Sounds made up to me. If anyone said that (or anything close to that), it was either a joke fanboy or a desperate fanboy. If you really form your opinions on a vast userbase from a couple joke fanboys than...well...I think I've made my point.

lol, not kill gaming, kill the competition as in the countless Gears 2 versus R2 threads (and the 360 fanboys were jus as bad in that case).

twesterm said:
MontanaHatchet said:
twesterm said:
tombi123 said:

being the next big thing and "kill everything and change gaming" are two exteremly different statements.  Something can be the next big thing because it's great and a lot of fun, but then people change the statement to "kill everything and change gaming" and suddenly the guy sounds like a nut.

Little overexageration can go a long way to discredit people.

twesterm said:

For what it's worth, this is what happened when a thread was started claiming "Resistance 2 was the most intense game" he ever played when he got into the beta.
Thread starter got permabanned but you can see where the thread progresses.

Of course that doesn't guarantee K2 is gonna blow your world but I hope it does improve your prospects.
I'm pretty excited about KZ2, probably why all the threads doesn't offend me at all.
Hell, I actually enjoy clicking a thread and watching all the screenshots, watching all the trailers and staring at all the .gifs. To me it's entertaining and I'm usually more impressed and excited after I'm done.

Now, I was in the KZ2 beta. Outlaw, MM476 and I use to play together in the beta and it was fun.
I wasn't as blown away as they were, to me it was much better than the COD4 multiplayer, but it didn't give me the sheer joy and addiction I had with counterstrike when I played that in my early teens.

Also, few rotten eggs. You might notice them more because of their smell but they do not represent the whole batch.
Sometimes I wonder if the PS3 fanboys are other console fans trying to give PS3 fans a bad name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

It's unfair to hate KZ2 for something fans did, especially since it looks like it will be a great game.

However yes you are right, PS3 fans are once again overhyping a game. Threads saying how KZ2 has better than crysis, how it looks like the most amazing shooter ever, the sheer amount of god damn signatures with it in etc.

KZ2 has been so hyped it is really going to struggle to live up to it. I have seen a ridiculous amount of people say KZ2 is better than CoD4 in every way. That is going to be incredibly difficult in both reviews and sales.

For me the hype is mainly annoying though because we know basically NOTHING about the singleplayer. How long is it? How much story is there? How much variety is there? People are calling the game amazing when they really don't know enough about it. Way too much of the hype is based purely on graphics.

Then again in fairness to PS3 fanboys Sony have completly F'ed up KZ2s release. The hype has been going on for over 3 years -_-, it's too much. That's longer than it took from GoWs release to GoW2s release! GoW2 was shown feb 08, released in november.

The intial showing will be nearly 4 years ago at release. Even discounting KZ2s intial CGI showing it has been 2 years from impressions to release. Halo 3 was less than a year and a half. The game has been getting hyped for longer than Halo 3 =/.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
twesterm said:

For what it's worth, this is what happened when a thread was started claiming "Resistance 2 was the most intense game" he ever played when he got into the beta.
Thread starter got permabanned but you can see where the thread progresses.

Of course that doesn't guarantee K2 is gonna blow your world but I hope it does improve your prospects.
I'm pretty excited about KZ2, probably why all the threads doesn't offend me at all.
Hell, I actually enjoy clicking a thread and watching all the screenshots, watching all the trailers and staring at all the .gifs. To me it's entertaining and I'm usually more impressed and excited after I'm done.

Now, I was in the KZ2 beta. Outlaw, MM476 and I use to play together in the beta and it was fun.
I wasn't as blown away as they were, to me it was much better than the COD4 multiplayer, but it didn't give me the sheer joy and addiction I had with counterstrike when I played that in my early teens.

Also, few rotten eggs. You might notice them more because of their smell but they do not represent the whole batch.
Sometimes I wonder if the PS3 fanboys are other console fans trying to give PS3 fans a bad name.

Nobody would ever do that!

twesterm said:
Nobody would ever do that!

Haha, oh that site's harmless.
Most people already know that site's a joke site.
It's the ones that can actually pass as real fans I'm concerned about.

Take the "Killzone 2 surpasses Crysis" thread.
It's like someone actually tried to think of a way to bait people to bash KZ2 while masking it as arrogance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

My problem with most people claiming sony fans says this and that is the fact that they refer to the biggest trolls of the site as their reference.

I m trying to understand the hate against this game and this is what I got:

Alot of people wanted this game to be bad and fail hard because it stood for the arrogance that is SONY, but little by little, it is getting obvious their wish isnt coming true, Killzone 2 will actually be good and even be great, and its killing them inside. To make things worst, Sony fans keep shoving it in their face.

But, its ok , you can relax, going by Sony luck , something is bound to go wrong.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Im sure if Killzone 2 could talk, it would hate you too.

psrock said:
My problem with most people claiming sony fans says this and that is the fact that they refer to the biggest trolls of the site as their reference.

So, are you implying that the biggest trolls on this site are Sony fans?